Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ram Assist Steering--AGR or West Texas Offroad (Redneck Ram)?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OL14BLAZ, Sep 24, 2002.

1. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Who is running either one of these systems on their truck with x-over steering? Which one is better and why?

I've read good things on both systems just wondering about personal experiences with the one you have good or bad. Going to add to my K5 pretty soon.

Any input would be much appreciated!!

Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I run the WTO and love it, the AGR steering box that I used to have leaked right out of the box. Plus the service you get from Matt is awesome.

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Ditto on Steve's response. Matt's system is the way to go. No problems with the install and no problems with the product since the install.

4. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't buy the cap for my steering pump from AGR. I have never heard anything good about them, especially their customer service. Their stuff is ok, but it is expensive, leaks, and I hope you never have any problems with it because you will never get service from them. Why pay twice for AGR, when you could have a better system from Matt with great customer service? I have not been impressed with Matt Burkett, or his company. My $.02.

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Ok I have had both the systems on my truck and all kinds of problem with the AGR set up like hard to steer when it get hot,pump burning up,the box just took a sh!t for no reason, and the damm ram leaks. So have you head enough yet. Let me TELL you what you need to do just call Matt H. with West Texas Offroad and he will set you up a system for your truck he will even save you the money on the AGR pump because the mod. is posted on his web page for FREE ( what a hell of a guy) Save your money and call Matt H.
    Man I almost fogot I run the W.T.O. ram system I have not had any problems with it and sure works better on the trail. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

WTO here. Everybody has problems with AGR. Matt at West Texas turned my box around in two days after receiving it. Cant beat that for service. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Well it seems like West Texas Offroad wins hands down! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Thanks guys for all the input. This site is well worth the membership fee just for the free advice and the knowledgeable people on here. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Hope too meet some of you one day out on the trails when I get my K5 set up to do some of the trails you guys go on.

Thanks again Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

8. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

Am i screwed because i have an agr pump and box? Right now i have no problems with the set-up but i'am thinking it might puke at a bad time. Only funny thing it does is when i take a corner under power it squeals. it's unfrequent but still worries me. I guess when i go hydro WTO can fix my box, if it needs it , when they do the mods....

9. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

At first I had good luck with my AGR box..... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    It doesn't leak like most of them do...... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
    It just stops working for No reason.... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    And it doesn't happen all the time...... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
    I think I'm ready to give West Texas Offroad a CALL!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Do doubt, WTO all the way!