Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rambling Brought on by Blazer Bash Video...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 350350, May 8, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Sep 25, 2003
    OK, I'll try to make this short, but if you've ready many of my posts before you'll already know that 'brief' is not my strongpoint...

We were in the middle of a move when I got my Blazer Bash video, and it got buried in a box somewhere, only to surface today while I was looking for my fuel pressure gage...

So the Boy and I sat down and watched it, and now I'm in real dilemma.

I was about to rebuild the front end of the K5 and put new 35's on it... Now after watching Blazer Bash, it's clear that I can do nothing less than a D60/D70 swap with a minimum of 38's or bigger. (I still daily drive it occasionally...) Of course that means more lift, etc. I may as well take the opportunity to go to rear discs and of course with that much equipment it would be a crime not to have selectable lockers of some sort. So now the truck has to be 'down' for a couple weeks... Blast!

But first I have to get the Camaro back on the road. It's getting a brake upgrade and going to Delteq distributorless ignition rather than replacing the blasted opdistruct. I was also planning a McLeod Clutch and Headers, but now the K5 upgrades may not be able to wait...

Curse you Zakk!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif