Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ramjet?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gpeatrk5, Jun 25, 2006.

1. gpeatrk5

gpeatrk5 Registered Member

I was thinking of replacing my worn out 400 small block with a ramjet 350. Has anybody done or heard of someone putting a ramjet in their truck? I have heard that it does not have the right cam to go in a truck.

2. snake383

snake383 Registered Member

while i cant offer you much in the way of tech advice, im sure it could work quite well its a damn good motor and the FI would be real nice. ive considered a similar swap myself. as for the cam, thats easy. get the one you want! there have to be a million different hydraulic roller cams out there that would work. if comp hasnt got one you want, have one ground. this isnt supposed to be a cheap hobby!

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So why the ramjet 350? The gm warranty?
    I pieced together my previous engine, a Speed density TPI 350 that was pretty rockin.. 64 cc heads and a gm 300 hp cam.
    Last winter i replaced it with a 2004 6.0L, got a performance tune, air intake/filter, custom long tube torque stepped headers to 3" and 1 chamber mufflers.. It'll light the 37's. :wink1:
    I'm used to 350's spinning to 5K-5500. The top end on the 6.0 is pretty unbelieveable all the way up to 6200. :bow:
    Do a little research and you'll find out how Gm redesigned the GenIII (4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0) engine to be superior in almost every aspect compared to old school chevy small blocks.. Including injector angle, head flow, and the sequential fuel injection system. :saweet:

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Is the 6.0 available in a complete crate engine?

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

rhe Ramjet 350 is a simple install only 4 wires to to for the wiring and has plenty of power for running and trail - look at a different setup for raceing -
    i love mine and would not get rid of it if i could but would i do it agan ?? ther are some cheeper ways to get the some thing

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Don't listen to any of thease guys...:o
    Go with a FI454 BBC !!!

Nothing like a healthy RAT!!!:bow:
    YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBC!! :eek1:

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes sir. Gm offers a crate engine, not sure if it comes with computer and harness..
    turnkeyenginesupply.com and Pacificfab.net offers a turnkey setup.