Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ramp scores

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Jul 19, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

What kinda numbers have you guys gotten and what mods have you done to achieve the score???
    /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I scored a 758 but I'm not sure what degree the ramp is. My truck has 10" Superlift suspension and I still have the front sway bar. It's a mud truck so I don't have any flexing type mods done to it. I think the only reason it did that good it because the cab bushings were shot so I think the cab wasn't restricting the frame movement. There is a ramping picture on my web site.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I did a ramp a few months ago and scored 780 driving up frontways. I have stock suspention with rough country overloads and the sway bar disconnected.. prolly would have scored more if I backed up the ramp

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

hehe jeremy. B4 BB02 I will ramp my rig... I'm thinking on a shallow ramp like a 23-25 I oughta be between 950 and 1000. We'll see...

J

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

You should be in that range... you have that rear shock set up /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

You can see my "ramp queen" in the new CK5 photo gallery.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

935 forwards and 1065 backwards (20 degree ramp)...with the old 52" rear springs, 4" blocks/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Relocated rear shocks and ther spring pack clamps opened up. Oh yeah greasable shackles too.

I can't wait to see how it does with the new 57" rears.../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Rene

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I went up the SoCalRamp a little while back (20 or 25 degree?)
    Front: 978 ?? (987??) dont recal exactly but
    Rear: 1098

Assuming the math man was correct /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

That was on 38's and those 57" ford hybrid packs, the packs now are softer.

9. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Syber ramp

(try it now....I removed the "http" from the link) -Greg72

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

linky no worky...

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

J

11. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Worked for me, and according to that thing I can ramp 1048 on a 20 degree ramp forwards! Not sure about backwards though, I just know I can drive up on a 38" swamper on a friends rig without lifting a tire! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Oh yeah, almost forgot the details... I got a 4" skyjacker lift with all springs, 2" body lift, 36" TSL's, disco'd swaybar, and spring loaded core supports. One of these days I'll get around to the long shock conversion and shackle flip with drop bars.

12. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I can get my driverside front tire 71" in the air without lifting a tire, not sure how far it will go though, if I go anyfarther my front driveline separates /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I've never done a full flex. What is the wheelbase of a K5?

13. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I can get my driverside front tire 71" in the air without lifting a tire

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean verticle? Or do you mean 71" up the ramp? Cause according to your bio, you've got 33's and a 4in lift. That would be some MAD flexing if you could do it Verticly. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I don't remeber my front, but my rear was 1050 on a 23degree ramp. Only thing changed since you last say it is the 37's, 2" body and the 0-rates front and rear.

15. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

71"?????????????? Sorry dude, but I have to call bullsh*t on that one till I see some pics! Where did you measure from? Not the bottom of the tire... Cause according to the online calculators, you would have a score of 1949! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif You realize that 71" is 1" away from 6' right? Post some pics for us k?

Mike

16. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I think he just has his wires crossed, take it easy on the guy.

Check the "Specifications" thing on the top of the forum, it has the W/B for most G.M. rides. (I think it's 106", but I could be wrong)

17. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">Thanks Greg 72 ! </font color>

Hay greg, feel free to correct any of my posts anytime you feel like. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Exp- spelling mistakes /forums/images/icons/blush.gif I can't speel fer chit.

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Dead stock second gen K5 is 106.5". As soon as you lift it you'll need to measure. The last time I ramped my wheelbase was 106.75, prolly due to some variations in the front lift springs and the rear blocks.

Rene

19. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Tell me if I did this right, I may have done things wrong and it was not on a ramp. One of the places I go and play in the rocks at has a ledge that I have measured at 71", I can put one of my front tires up on the thing without lifting a tire. I know my frame to body is loose, plus I can see the body wrinkle when I do it. It all pops back into place. I've never done it with the top on though, this may add some ridgidity. My windshield tried to pop out last time I tried it, had to remount it back at camp. I am willing to take any fresno boys up there, Johnny may know it. Its up by kealty meadows, near Soquel (sp?), the top of the rock dome where the hippies go get stoned at, above Bass Lake Vista. My tires were aired down to about 8 psi, this might help. I had splines showing on my front driveline, and my shocks were not happy at all. If anybody knows where I can find a rti ramp around here, let me know, I am curious myself.

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the track width of a K5 with tires that don't stick out around 82"? If it was 82" dead on from the edge of one tire to the other, that means that with one tire 71" in the air your front axle would be damn near verticle and your rear axle would be horizontal in order to still have 4 wheels on the ground. I don't think that even a Sniper can do that, on a K5 wheelbas that would mean something on the order of 30" of wheel travel on each wheel. I think something goofy is going on in your measurements, or the ground is far from level... </font color>