Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ramsey hydro winch parts??...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Apr 21, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone know a good place to get parts for a Ramsey hydraulic winch??..I have a friend with a ramp truck in need of a new gear for the worm drive,the bronze ring gear,not the actual worm..

I've tried the Ramsey website..if they have a downloadable parts list,it wont work on my "server",according to them..I was hoping to at least be able to get him a price,and see if any Ramsey dealers are in the Boston area..I did find one machine shop listed nearby that sells them,but they probably wont keep the gear he needs on the shelf..he's desparate to get the truck fixed,its needed over the weekend..

I dont understand how there can be so many rubbish trucks,off road rigs,and a million other winches out there working every day..but when one craps out,its a frigging goose chase to find parts listings...makes me wonder how any work gets done in this country..all I see is NEW WINCHES all over the website..but NO parts listings...."google" wasn't much help either!..

My friend found one dealer in RI that could special order the gear..for 380 bucks!..they called him back and said they'ed goofed,and the price was now 295 bucks...something fishy here....

I'd think since this type of winch is on many ramp truck bodies and rubbish trucks,there would be a warehouse full of spare gears and parts in every state in the USA..but maybe not?......

Its a model H-246-R
    serial# 457955
    number stamped on gear is #334005

Thanks for any info!....meanwhile,I'll keep looking..:crazy:

2. Ramsey_Crawler

Ramsey_Crawler Registered Member

3. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

see look at the vendors on ck5 that is the sheot