Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ramsey or Mile Marker??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazr81, Oct 3, 2005.

1. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

I was looking at the 9500 pound Mile Marker and Ramsey winch's. Sam's Offroad has the Ramsey 9.5 Rep e Winch for $500. Winch has 95 foot cable, Hawse fairleed. And I just saw that 4Wheel Parts has the Mile Marker 9500 pound winch for $500 with FREE winch cover and mount. The MileMarker has 100 feet of cable and a roller fairleed. Which would you recomend? I dont plan on using it alot. Just on the rare occassion I bury my 73 K20 in a mud hole or my li'l bro gets his Toy stuck. I know how bad 4Wheel Parts is. And since my budget is $500 theres no way I am going with a Warn. Just looking for the best I can get for $500.

P.S. I moved to a different county and still somehow get the "Off-Road Adventures" magazine. All Ive ever bought from 4Wheel Parts is a tow strap!!

2. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

I run the 15000 Patriot Ramsey, and have had no problems other than overheating and shutting down during long pulls (LOOOONG pulls) 2 minutes later, its fine. I have no experience with MileMarker, but I have nothing bad to say about my Ramsey. Plus, DP90K5 works there now....he wouldnt work there if they made crap....sorry I couldnt be more helpful.

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I don't have any problem with 4WPW, but I do w/ the MM POS. Get the Ramsey. I've seen both of those winches in action and the electric MM was falling apart from the time it came out of the box. Just not a very well made piece of equiptment. Oh, and search :D If you do you will see many different problems that members have posted.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Run away for the MM as fast as you can. They are junk.

5. TX_GLADIATOR

TX_GLADIATOR Registered Member

i have seen the mm not impressed at all now the warn is sweet

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I have run a ramsey 8.5E for about 1.5 yrs. It works as it should. It is slow and heats up fast so don't plan on being winch hill master with it, but it will get you out of trouble just fine. I also know that ramsey warranty's even their entry level winches.

7. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

you might keep an eye on eBay- I've seen some really good deals that were a bit out of my rpice range, but still good deals worth splurging for. I got a Warn M8000 for one of my trucks for $400, works awesome, probably the equivalent of a MileMarker 12000 :haha: