Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ramsey or Warn winch?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Oct 17, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Which one do you guys prefer?? I plan on beefing up my next Blazer for serious mudding and I want a really strong winch that I can depend on. Also, in addition to the winch, I want a winch bumper or something to put the winch on. I know a guy that has a Warn brush guard that bolts to the frame and holds the winch as well. It's pretty darn beefy too. I liked the looks of it. I'd like to keep the chrome bumper and just slap something on the front with a winch. It would have to be bolted to something sturdy, because where I plan on going I'm going to need some strength. Thanks

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Hey man. When I was down at Off-Road Motorsports last month to get my bumper I axed them about winches. They said that Ramsey is waaaaay behind on shipping out parts and stuff and its been that way for a long time. They said without a doubt that Warn makes a better winch and has better customer service.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

It's pretty much quid pro quo. They are relativeley similar in construction and Ramsey tends to be less expensive. I know the Ramsey Rep 8000 is a super dependable winch.

"who dares wins"

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I had an opertunity to see the inside gears of a Warn and the guts of a Ramsey. The Warn parts visually looked cleaner with more persison looking parts.Ramseys parts looked like cast or molded with ruff edges and just kinda uncared for and thrown together, if any of that makes sence!! When I was getting my winch bumper I needed to decide on my winch so that the bumper I got would fit the winch I wanted. I emaild both Ramsey and Warn, Warn resopned the same day with a name and phone # for me to call for Q & A. Ramsey NEVER responded!! I emaild them 3 or 4 times and NEVER responded!!! So F ramsey I am a Warn customer (or will be) just because they took the time to give me the Customerservice I deserve!!!
    My .02c

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I was going to buy a Ramsey, but then got a better price on a Warn. And if you look at the competitions in the mags and alot of the pics in the mag, most run Warn!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com