Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ramsey patriot 9500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by offroad87, Mar 16, 2004.

1. offroad87

offroad87 Registered Member

i have been looking at the patriot 9500 winch by ramsey. northern tool has em for $150/month for 6 months- that would be kinda nice to buy a winch without dropping alot of cash at once. ive heard the linespeed is pretty slow but im never in a hurry when wheelin so no big deal. i was just curious if anyone has used one on their K5 or heard any good/bad things about em.

2. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

good luck

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

friend of mine has one your right about the linf speed but it is a very strong winch from what i have seen and he swears its "bulletproof"

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I believe that that is the winch that TheRobZilla runs. He has used his quite a bit and he seems to like it. He has the synthetic line on his and the remote key fob option too. It is pretty cool to watch him winch his truck when he is nowhere near it. Just use the key ring control and pull.

I think he has had some problems with it though because of design flaws. I don't really no the details though. He uses his alot though since he is pretty hardcore and hard on his truck.

He also has a really heavy truck, and I have never seen his winch not pull his truck.

Harley

5. bigcountryk5

i'm interested in the 12K warn how much/condition i'm in either greenville SC or bristol TN which ever would be easier on shipping

6. offroad87

start you own post in the "parts wanted" forum.

7. bigcountryk5

true true my bad got antzy no hijack intended /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. offroad87

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Yes, I do run the Ramsey, and yes like Harley stated, I had some real problems with the Patriot, and the earlier models. Actually I broke the first three the sent me. The problem was that the drum was not flush with the unit of the actual winch, and if you were winching from an extreme angle, the cable would get wound between the drum and the actual winch itself and break the housing. Ramsey has major issues with this on these winches. The new Patriot Plus ?? resolved this issue the drum was flush with the housing and it never broke again. I had this one swapped to me from Ramsey. Many nasty letters to Ramsey and it finally got resolved.

I do now run the rope instead of the cable and will never go back to the steel cable. The rope is the only way to go in my opinion, easy to use, very safe and no gloves required to handle.

Other that the drum issue, I have had no problems with my winch and love it.

Rob