Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ramsey Platinum 9500 or Warn HS9500i

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueKnight, Mar 25, 2000.

1. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Im torn today I was demod a Ramsey platinum 9500 that flat out flys with no load and even with some load on it. Im stuck between these two winches. First of all what is the best price people have seen for these winches and what do you think of the new platinum by Ramsey? The best ive seen was 799.00 for both with a roller fairlead.

2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I've heard nothing but good from Warns products and services. Personally, I've good luck with my 12k Warn and when I had to call tech support, I did get good tech support but I was on hold for 10 minutes. I have heard a few complaints about the Ramsey (on off-road.com bulletin board). You might want to go and search the board on both. Also, check out the new article Corey did:
    http://www.off-road.com/chevy/reviews/hs95i

Shawn

3. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN, WARN. I can't stress that enough. Anybody that you talk to will rant an rave over Warn, and their customer service. I have 2 warn products, my hubs & my 95i. Both are flawless & I would / will put these products on my next vehicle.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

WARN. I have their Hubs and thier HS9500i. Neither have given me any problems and have been used in some pretty hairy situations. I went with WARN because they have a proven track record of reliability and they have great customer service.

Its a fast winch and pulls very very strong.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I have asked this question to a number of people, I havent heard too much about Ramsey because most people that I've asked have said that warn is all they'd run. I have talked with one wrecking yard that had 4 12000lb ramsey's on a shelf, asked them if they were for sale, the story went like this:
    We bought 2 Ramseys for our tow truck, 9 pulls later one quit working, while waiting to see what ramsey would do about that one the other died. We bought 2 more and installed them before ramsey said that since they were on a tow truck that they wouldn't warranty them-even the commercial ones that we bought. 2 months later the second two wouldn't work anymore either, we called Warn and they set us up with two warn 12000 lb electric winches warrantied for one year commercial use. nine months later we're in court up to our neck with ramsey and havent had 1 problem with our Warns
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

6. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I guess its the classic case of you get what you pay for.....Yes Ramsey's are a lot cheaper, but look what you get. Enough said in my book

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Blue Knight, not to mention WARN is in your backyard in Milwaukie........buy local, they DO support ya better.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

8. BlueKnight

Yes, I have taken that into consideration greatly to. It just this new Ramsey platinum is a hulk. So fast and hasa huge motor on it. But reading the posts. doesn't sound like they are very good at customer service after you purchase Ramsey products.

9. BlueKnight

Well I did it. I put money down on a Warn 9500HSi at 4 wheel parts. They wouldnt dothe 799.00 match because they new I had to pay for shipping. I got it for 820.00 and the carrier for my receiver for 146.00. Good Deal?

10. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    YEAH BABY!!!!! Yet another brother into the 95i brotherhood!!! You won't regret it!

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

11. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Thats a pretty good deal. From what I remember about 4wpw if you can beat the price within 30 days you can get the money back. If you go to Clemson 4x4's web site, they are selling the Hs9500i for 799.00 including shipping. Its a web site only special, you order on line and dont have to talk to anybody. If you call their number, you pay the normal price, its a promo to get their site going.

I got a bud of mine the Hs9500i from the local 4wpw in Atlanta for 800 out the door.

I paid $856.00 for mine when they first came out.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

12. BlueKnight

The Ramsey platinum is faster plain and simple, but service sucks. I tried calling customer service to ask a few questions and couldnt get through. Nooone stocks parts for it either. Heck I have problems with my Warn I just drive over the pheasant court here in milwaukie and ask for the part

13. BlueKnight

Well he said he gave me a deal on the receiver mount for it. I thought 820.00 was fair. Yeah I have an eamil from clemson although if you goto their link they send you in email its like at 871.00 now.

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hey guys, what's the address for that clemson board?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

15. BlueKnight

16. BlueKnight

Do you think I will need the quick receiver mount? Im thinking they may be clearance problems with my brush gard in place. The handles portion of it