Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rancho 9000 vs 9000X

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fredekr, Jul 1, 2003.

1. fredekr

fredekr Registered Member

I picked up some 9000s from a local 4x4 shop. Only problem is that they didn't have all of one kind, so now I've got 3 9000s and 1 9000X.

Is the only difference the 5-way versus 9-way adjustable? Is it okay to run a 9000x on one side and a 9000 on the other? When you're paying $70+ for shocks, shouldn't they at least match? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Should I just get over it and put them on? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

cheers,
    Kevin

2. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I dont know the difference but i would at least want to match shocks side to side why have one thats more adjustable then the other. on the other hand if it was free i would take it but i would never pay for that type of set up.
    king

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

take them back and have them give you all of the 9000X's. you don't want to mix and match shock valveing, it'll make your ride all kinds of funky.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Basically the 9000 is no longer made, the 9000x is the replacement. Like you said the only diff I think is the 9 position valving. I'd get all 4 the same or at least fronts and backs the same. And make sure you didn't pay the 9000x price for the 9000's. I know they're cheaper!!! Sometimes you can get 4 for the price of 3 deals going on.

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

take them back and say WTF! The 9000x's are gas charged (rs9000's aren't) and can NOT be run upside down because of their lack of dividing piston between the gas and oil.