Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rancho 9000X shocks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by toy4x4runner, Feb 4, 2006.

1. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

Debating getting a set for my truck. I'm also looking at the Edelbrock IAS shocks. Does anyone have any experiecne with either? I'm running universal shocks, b/c I have a 4runner with leafs front and rear. so I put some RS5012's all around it rides like $HIZIT. stiff as hell. Edelbrock says they're application engineered which kina worries me...

2. toy4x4runner

bump.... it's down to Procomp MX6's or some RS9K's. the Ranchos are NOT gas charged and 9 position adjustable. the Procomps are 6 way adjustable and gas charged. so from i've been reading the procomps will incrase spring rate and the rancho's won't. wonder which I should go with?

3. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I had Edelbrock with stock springs/no lift and they were great. I lifted TC 2" and Edelbrock doesn't cover that, so I used TC gas shocks, mistake. I tried Rancho, their appl. chart was completely incorrect, compounded with nimrods at 4wheelparts. I'm not sure if I'm through with lift yet.:haha:

4. toy4x4runner

well I'm pretty sure I"m gonna try the RS9000's out. They're just plain adjustable hydraulic shocks. the Procomps are nitro, so they WILL increase spring rate a bit. even says on their site they weill. I'm trying to make my rig flexy and already seem to have stiff springs... so i don't want stiffer springs.

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I have 9000s and like them very much. Not too stiff. 5000s are way on the other end of the stiffness scale from 9000s set at 2-3 (soft). I run mine at 3, as I run around with a lot of junk in the back so it needs to be a bit stiffer. I run at 2 without junk. Nice ride.

6. toy4x4runner

Yeah the RS5000's are so dang stiff it aint funny. I"m running some RS5012's which I think are for 4-5" lifted Superduty F250's on my 94 4runner. they're harder to extend than they are to compress.