Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rancho 9012 with 2.5 Suspension Lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OL14BLAZ, Oct 31, 2002.

1. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Wanted to know if I use the Furd shock towers in the front and MOO rear shock relocaters, could I get away with the Rancho 9012 shocks? Or would these shocks be too long and bottom out to quick with only that much lift? Will also add longer front shackles and zero rates to the front. In the rear will eventually have the springer suspension and zero rates as well.

What do you guys think!

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Sounds like you'll be around 4" when all that is done anyways. I've got 9012's on my 4" susp and it just depends on how you angle them back. As I have mine, there is about 1/2" between the top and the firewall with the lip folded flat. They are right at halfway extended at rest. Of course that is also with the stock axle mount that I HATE cause it hangs down too low. One mod at a time I guess.

Bryan

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

One thing about the MOO shock mounts in the rear is that the shocks mount on top of the axle tube so you will loose 3-4"s of space to mount them. so IMLAO i don't think you can fit 9012's in the rear with 2 1/2 lift.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah, my reference was to the front end. I have no idea about the MOO mounts, i just made some free ones!

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Bryan on your custom rear shock mount did you position it were the MOO mounts, or somewear close to MOO design? Don't have the shop or tools to fabricate my own /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

That doesn't look to bad too me Bryan. Maybe after the holidays are over with, I could drive my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifup to your shop and we could build something like that for mine. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey dude, after the first of the year, things should be a bit less hectic on this end. Come awn, and we'll do some hackin around.

Bryan

9. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Sounda great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif I get in touch sometime in January or February! Later /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif