Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rancho Lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76 jimmy Az, Apr 8, 2000.

1. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

I heard someone mention that a rancho 4 inch lift is only equal to 2 1/2 of anyother brand, is that true cause i am playing on getting a rancho 4 inch lift? Any pros and cons of Rancho!!!

2. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

On this very site there is a table that lists the various spring rates, and explains what the numbers mean. It's under "Technical". The trucks I have ridden in with Rancho lifts are all very stiff, compared to a Superlift, for example. I have owned RS9000s before, and they were outstanding, IMHO. Good luck!

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a 4" lift and it is stiff, but maybe that is why I can fit 36" tires. Not a luxo car ride thats for sure.

Steve

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I also have a rancho 4" lift and it rides stiff too, but otherwise I haven't seen any other problems. You might want to get the 9000s to help with the rough road ride.</font color=blue>

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

My 2.5" Rancho front spring set (with urethane bushings) rides pretty soft as lifted trucks go. I have in the past had Blazers with 6" and 4" lifts from various manufacturers that were rather stiff compared to mine now. Maybe only cause its' 2.5". Plus Rancho offered at the time (not sure any more) a "light duty" spring (softride) and a "heavy duty" spring when I ordered them from Gresham Off Road in Oregon. Went with the light duty for the flex, think you can get either still. Ask questions of them, call Rancho and find out.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

6. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

I forgot one sort of important thing. Rancho has a reputation of being very durable, and I am not aware of any failing. Around here, it is easily three to one Rancho v. any other brand. I am going with a Tuff Country "EZ-Ride" probably. I have ridden in one truck with that type of lift, and it was like a Caddy (in a good way), but that's just me...