Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rancho rear springs???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Emmettology 101, Dec 4, 2000.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have heard that Rancho front springs are stiff, but what about their rear springs??

I have an opportunity to get a set of 4" Lift Rear Rancho springs for cheap. They have 4 or 5 leafs( I think 4 normal longer leafs and one equal thickness leaf but only about 6" long..

Anyone have these rear springs and are they flexy or stiff as a washboard? :)

Thanks!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

2. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Mike,

Rancho started using another company to build there springs about two years ago, so they aren't that good anymore. The rear springs are just an overpriced stiff spring.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

The price onthese are VERY cheap, but I am not sure how old they are. From my Vauge description, does this sound like one of the newer cheaper/stiff springs?

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have Rancho rear springs and they're just as stiff as my fronts. I would use 87-91 stock springs with a shackle flip. If you use junkyard springs and modify your own spring hangers, it could be done for probably as cheap if not cheaper as these 4" springs</font color=blue>

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

By the way, when I put my 2.5" Rancho springs on my '79, I had a choice of "light duty" and "heavy duty". Went with Light duty (cheaper and softer ride, I figured), and they are relatively soft. Don't know what the compression is, or any of that stuff, but they are definitely softer than previous 4" lifts (Rough Country, Rancho). Not sure if it is entirely due to being "only" 2.5", but they are not stiff, nor were they when installed 4 years ago.

Anyone else ever hear of two options on Rancho springs?

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com