Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rancho RS5000's...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lotsa_Faith, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

Rancho RS5000\'s...

any good for a heep?

Mike Dee

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Re: Rancho RS5000\'s...

Not really....

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

they're pretty stiff, i'm gonna get different ones when mine wear out.

--Scott, 1989 GMC Suburban 2500 4" lift, 36" TSLs
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub>http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub</a>

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Before I lifted my Blazer I had the 5,000's they were pretty stiff.

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>The darker side of nonsense...</a>

5. horsepit

horsepit Registered Member

No wonder my truck's so stiff. The prior owner put eight of them on. Whats the best all around shock that won't beat me up?

1987 Blazer, 350, TH700R4, NP208, 3.42, Rancho 4", 33"

6. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

lol,,if you got 8 of them i'd say to lose a few,,get the 9012's along with the in cab air adjust,,you can control the ride as you see fit,,firm for trail's and soft for the road,,or vise versa,,depending on how you like yur coffee.i think steve has it on his rig from what i can remember ? least he did.
    they do have knob's on them you can turn to adjust the ride as you see fit,,but crawling under the truck to adjust them when you want to can get messy and frustrating if you forget you moved them for trail use.

<font color=purple>ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]</font color=green>

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

You know, the best shock depends on the weight of the truck, the weight of your axles, most common terrain, balance of street/trail use, your personal taste, and the phase of the moon. I'm putting a new lift on my K30 so I'm in the market for new shocks too. In doing some investigation, I've found MANY posts about 5000s (and PC3000) that come down on BOTH sides. Many say they are too soft. Many others say they are too hard. And, there are many others still who say "Ahhh, that's just right". Sorta like Goldie Locks, you gotta find out what feels right for you. Unfortunately, unless you can ride with a friend who has the shock in question, that can get pricey. At that point, RC9000s might be a better deal unless you have a friend with a truck that has similar characteristics, (lift, tire, axle, weight, etc.) and you know you like it. Me, I'm building a budget, dedicated, rock crawling rig. I'm leaning toward taking my chances with RC5000s since I don't have to deal with street and trail. I would rather spend money somewhere else. If it were dual purpose, I would almost certainly pony up for the RC9000s so that I could adjust as needed.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked, 4" lift, 42" tires
    Some day: massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.