Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RANCHO RSX

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by extremeblazer, Jan 9, 2001.

1. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

ANYONE HAVE THESE? I JUST INSTALLED NEW RANCHO RSX SHOCKS IN THE FRONT OF MY TRUCK AND CAN'T STAND THEM. I HAD ROUGH COUNTRY NITRO 9000'S ON THE TRUCK AND HAD A PERFECT RIDE THE NEW SHOCKS ALLOW THE FRONT TO BOUNCE UP AND DOWN OVER AND OVER AGAIN AT EVERY BUMP. WELL I JUST ORDERED A NEW SET OF 9012'S TO REPLACE THEM ALL. I DID NOTICE THAT THEY SELF ADJUSTED BUT AFTER HITTING HARD BUMPS AT SLOW SPEEDS AND THEN HITTING BUMPS AT HIGH SPEEDS THEY FRONT IS BOUNCING EVERYPLACE, I THINK I WILL LEAVE THE ADJUSTING UP TO ME. I JUST WANTED TO NO IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS TRYED THESE AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM?

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Do you have a lift? Rancho doesn't make RSXs long enough for a lift, so that may be why. I used to have them, and that never happened, but I also had a lift on them...4WPW

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

3. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

Yes I have a six inch Tuff Country lift and the shocks are the longest RSX's Rancho makes they measure 16 3/8 compressed and 27 5/8 fully extended on the front the rears are still my old Rough Country Nitro 9000's. The front of the truck will twist right up and the shocks don't limit anything. RSX's didn't come long enough for the rear.