Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rancho shocks, help ASAP.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by evil bastard, Mar 27, 2000.

1. evil bastard

evil bastard Registered Member

after installing my rancho 5001s in front and 5112s in the rear of my 74 blazer with 4" tuff country ez ride springs, i saw that each shock had about 2" of travel( when mounted at the top, they only extended 2" past the bottom mount) can anyone recommend rancho 5000 shock model numbers for me, or do i have the right ones?

2. cp87jimmy

cp87jimmy Registered Member

Re: Rancho shocks, help ASAP.Look Danger B

Hey Danger B, here you go bud. Just what we were talking about yesterday. Sorry to use your post but we need this info also. Thanks, Chris

So addicted it's not EVEN funny!!!!

3. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I was talking to a guy @ a local 4 wheel shop here about some stuff & we got talking about the shocks i want to buy ( trailmaster ssv's) and the shocks i have rancho 9000's.....i dislike them....but it's not the shock i dislike. The 9000's were freshly installed before i bought my truck...when i replaced my rear axle a few months ago i realized why my ride and flex suck......they only extend 2" further down. The guy told me that trailmaster has oodles more part #'s for different shock applications than rancho does....therefore the shocks i have are probably also used for smaller lifts or maybe even stock applications, but trailmaster would have a different shocks for each mentioned above. Just my thoughts....being kinda anti-rancho.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

4. Blade

Blade Registered Member

The shocks that Rancho lists to use with a 4"lift on an '81 Blazer were going to limit the amount of travel of my springs. After I installed the lift, I rolled my truck up a ramp without shocks and measured the distance between the mounting holes (on the compression and extension sides of the truck). Rancho makes LOTS of shocks. You shouldn't have much problem finding shocks that allow enough up and down travel to work well with your application. You just need a parts guy who will go through the Rancho book to find the right ones.

[​IMG] Blade