Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Random but serious question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Sep 20, 2006.

?

Have you cheated?

1. Yep, been there, done that, got the rash

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Nope, not for me

39 vote(s)
    66.1%
  3. I'm nekkid and I feel awkward for reading this with no pants on

17 vote(s)
    28.8%
  1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

How many of you married/just about married types cheat on your spouse/fiance?

Reason I ask is, it seems to be a lot more commonplace than I expected. Maybe it's just the kind of guys I associate with, but they talk about it like it's just going to the grocery store.

And the poll is anonymous.

(if you're reading this and there's no poll, it's cause I just posted it)

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I don't becuase I havn't found anyone whose been worth half my stuff :D

In all seriousness though, I could never hurt my wife like that. I care for her too much to even consider it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

personally, I wouldn't dishonor myself that way... but some peeps have very little self-worth or, perhaps more accurately, worth period.

j

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I've been in a few relationships where I've thought about marriage. Couldn't cheat cause in the early years I had a few g/f's who cheated and know what it feels like to be on the other side.... It sucks!!! And if you truely care about the person you're with, you wouldn't want to put them through that.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ditto on Jek and Emmet's reply. Plus, my wife is my best friend, she'd know before I did anything.

But, in light of the constant media bombardment of sex and glorification (for lack of a better word) of promiscuity, it's not hard to understand why people become more complacent about something this serious. I actually don't see the point in marriage if one is not willing to commit to it as a permenant thing.
    Self control and mastery of your own impulses is another thing that comes to mind...

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

To add to my reply some.. I come from a divorced family... It sucks... If I were ever married I'd do anything in my power to keep things together especially if there were kids.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Why? I don't get that, you get married for a reason. If You want to cheat on your spouse then at least stop off at the court house and get the papers drawn up to end it........

8. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

As good ol johnnie cochoran would say.. well thats if he was still above ground....
    "IF THE RUBBER FITS THEN DONT COMMIT"

A promise is just that.. cant make it.. then walk away and dont get married in the first place.. marriage is hard work... lots of give.. not a lot of take... its never 50 50

9. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Couldnt do it to the person i care about. Im too nice and couldnt hurt her in that way... At this time im single, but my views are the same.

10. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah even though I am not married yet, I couldnt do it either. She (April)is my best friend, and IMO this is the biggest kind of put down/rejection/insult there is. Nothing worse than telling somebody their not good enough, its actually one of my biggest fears, rejection that is............

Remington

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

A wedding ring is an unbroken circle for a reason..........:deal:

It sounds like you need to hang out with a better class of guys.

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Ditto.. couldn't have said it better myself.

Tom

13. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

X3

I am divorced & I couldn't even do it when times were bad and we weren't living together. To me, it's all about trust. Trust is hard to keep and goes away w/ the flip of a coin (or the drop of ones pants). Once it's gone, it comes back even harder the second time. I've done alot of things wrong in my life & made a lot of mistakes. But going back through my entire dating lifetime, I've never even cheated on a girlfriend. I just could never bring myself to it.

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Can Man, jek and Ratch hit the nail on the head.

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Well, not with human females anyway. Does beastiality while married count as adultery?

John

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

here here can man, unless you agree you should telll they what a bunch of a holes they are, unless you do agree with them (doesent seem like you do) in which case wait for you balls to drop and become a man befor you enter into a serious relationship

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

As said above, your friends are of low moral quality. Any man that cheats on his wife is a weak, selfish ass, no justification will change that.

I would never cheat on my wife, no matter what. I came from a family of divorce and saw first hand what it can do to a family, especially once you have kids. I think there is a special place in hell for the kind of idiot who has so little self control he can't keep his d*ck out of other women, even when there are children at home counting on him to be the Dad and Husband he promised to be.

And in my experience, those guys who think it's "OK" to sleep around are the same hypocritical turds who don't trust their wives and say stuff like "I'd kill 'em both if I found her cheating".

Bottom line, in all things (but especially a marriage); keep your word and your honor and pride will stay with you.

18. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I couldnt cheat on someone even if I didnt like them. The way I see it if I want some other girl then I dont need to be with the one Ive got.

Ive also got a friend that cheats. Cheated on his last girlfriend with 13 different girls. He said he did it because he hated her and I tried to tell him that if he hates her so much then he needs to get rid of her and stay away from her. After nearly a year and 13 girls he finally listened to me. When she found out about it she was devastated but still likes the guy. After seeing her so hurt I could never do that to anyone.

19. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nothing like being able to look at yourself in the mirror....

20. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Amen.

I just thought about this some more, the first girl I ever thought I was in love with (@18) cheated on me. Pretty sh*tty feeling, I would never want to make someone to feel the way I did.