Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Random carnage?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90K5, Apr 28, 2002.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever have really wierd stuff happen to your trucks? I thought this was the most bizarre thing I ever heard. my girlfreinds dad ran over a phillips screwdriver and it went through the tire AND RIM. It was an aluminum Am Racing rim. I brazed a little bit into the hole and Jb Welded the f*** out of it and got paid $20 so he didn't have to buy a new one...jsu tthought it was really random...any others? Oh yeah, I went offraoding one time and got a piece of rebar stuck in my PS pump...somehow stayed away from the belt though.....

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I was driving down a dirt road once and swirved to miss hitting a bear and instead I hit a rock about the size of a large watermelon with my right front tire doing about 45mph. Bent my new aluminum rim like it was nothing. I was 15 miles from town and no spare and it was raining and dark, oh and there was a bear in the vecinity. So I figured I had better just wait for a passer by.

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Just got out of the Army staioned at Ft. Riley Kansas. Used to go out in the traing area to go wheelin and stuff all the time. One time I got a flat, replaced it with my spare and took the fla to the shop to get fixed. When I came back to pick it up, the guy showed me what was in the tire. It was a spent blank from either an M60 or M240 machine gun. LOL I still have it around here somewhere....

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

When I was driving past a construction site, I put a 1/2 inch drill bit through my tire and stock wheel. It's weird how things work like that. I'd have been OK with a flat, but why did the damned thing have to punch through the rim.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I use to work for the sister company for Bulldog movers. I would on occasion have to drive one of the moving vans to pick up product. We were located in a big industrial complex with several Rail road crossings. Well Headed out on a run and started getting a real bad vibration. Stopped didn't see anything . Drove slow made the pickup. The vibration got a little worse on the way back. Seems I picked up a Rail spike in one of the inner tires. Drove 57 mile round trip with that thing in the tire. On the way back the bead came off and was the cause of the vibration getting worse LOL.
    Now my buddy had a weird one in one of his show truck. The truck is a 78 Chevy Luv that is totaly custom with a 350 Shoe horned in it with a bug catcher sticking up through the hood. Has 45ft of Neon under it. Custom paint even the underside is all painted during a frame off when the engine was installed. Made into a convertable (picture of it on my communites site in my sig). He drives this truck, no trailer queen. Only time it's on a Trailer is for the Turkey rod run in Daytona.
    His wife was out tooling around in it one day. Hits a pair of scissors with a front tire. takes out some of the neon when they got kicked up then the rear tire catches them. They are stuck in the side wall and tears up some more Neon as they are swinging around and trashes the paint in the fender well. The truck is so low he couldn't get a floor jack under it to change the tire. No Rear bumper just a custom steel hand fabricated roll pan with frenched plate. Ended up having to jack it by the rim to get it up enough to get a jack under it.

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I had a 4 foot piece of barb wire get caught in my rear u-joint out wheeling. I didnd hear it until I got off the trail /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I destroyed my pinion seal and dust cover. I guess I am lucky it didnt take out the tires though.

Dan

7. shoeless

shoeless Registered Member

I was working at shop back home, and doing flat repairs every now and again. I found one that had a Craftsman wrench through the tire, another with the tip to a ball point pen, and finally a live bullet with the shell facing out. When I pulled the tire off, I found the bullet and the gunpowder rolling around in it!!

8. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Not 4x4 related but....My dad had a interesting day while driving an ambulance. Responded to a call for a woman needing to go to the hospital for some reason(don't remember why)...anyway, this lady wieghed close to 400 lbs!! After the drop off at the hospital, my old man noticed a popping sound everytime they turned the corner.... So he decided to take it over to the Firehouse mechanic. Well the mechanic took it and as he turned onto the road out the driveway, the guys watching stopped him because the wheels looked like they where wobbling!! Soo they backed it in the shop and as soon as they jacked it up both rear duals just fell off!! The guys have called that day Fat Lady Friday ever since!!

Had a simmular incident myself with an Air Force Crash fire truck. It was an old ass P-2 which is basically a big booger green box on five foot tall wheels. Responded to a ground emergency on an aircraft and needless to say, one of our tires beat us there!! This happened alot with these POS!!

Got lots of Fire Truck carnage stories....easier to tell then type /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Later, Sam

9. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

I jacknifed a 2" branch thru my floor board while driving thru some brush once - came up right beside my foot.