Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

random machine shop parts, pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Dec 10, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

just some pics of some parts we coat in our shop, also some pics of parts being coated.

DSCN0620.JPG

DSCN0621.JPG

DSCN0622.JPG

DSCN0623.JPG

DSCN0626.JPG

2. rdn2blazer

a few more

DSCN0625.JPG

DSCN0632.JPG

DSCN0633.JPG

DSCN0634.JPG

DSCN0635.JPG

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I don't have a clue what any of that is, but it sure looks cool! Specially the lazer!:saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

4. rdn2blazer

its actually called plasma spray. there are also different processes that we do. its metal in either a wire form or powder form. wire is driven through the gun that the operator holds or that is held robotically then with an arc and different gasses it melts the metal and turns it molten. with metal powder the powder is force fed in a controlled rate to the gun. with extreamly hi pressure air and gasses to creat volicity thats how adheasion or bond strength is achieved. also every part is grit blasted with the proper grit to acheave the proper surface roughness to aid in the bond strength. is aerospace stuff, customers pay thousands of dollors to have there parts coated. the volocity that comes out the end of the gun is any where from mach2 to mach4, thats thousands of mile per hour. the heat of the flame is in the 3000 to 5000 F range and we can if required spray up to 30.000 deg F. rarely is this required though.
    we can maintain a part surface temp of just 300 deg or less though to minimize distortion. in the garage under the thread grit blasted and zink coated my 14ff, this is the process that we used to do this.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hmm.. looks like blade pins of my helos.. then one looks like drave shaft parts and a gimble ring.... some other odds and ends that look like blade grips for a main rotor hub...

can you ger me the part number that is stamped on the first pic... i am curious if you make my parts....
    Grant

6. rdn2blazer

i know we dont make your parts as we are not a production machine shop, we are a plasme spray coating and machine shop. so we dont make your parts.......we make them better.......way better :D

7. Seventy4Blazer

got ya.... still interested in the part number.... you should start putting my name on them then i KNOW you have touched it... :))
    Grant

8. rdn2blazer

i will pm ya with the pn monday.

9. Seventy4Blazer

rock on, ill run it through my Expideitor and see if they are the blade pins we use. im 100% sure they are blade pins, but dunno if they are ours or another birds. i work on AH-1W and UH-1N's...
    Grant

10. Seventy4Blazer

rock on, ill run it through my Expideitor and see if they are the blade pins we use. im 100% sure they are blade pins, but dunno if they are ours or another birds. i work on AH-1W and UH-1N's...
    Grant