Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Random pic's from Iraq

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stallion85, Mar 28, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Here are some pic's of where I am at. Pretty much a crap hole. better than most bases in Iraq I would imagine. We have a nice chow hall that is contracted out. Lot's of good food, that's about the most exciting thing of the day.

Ali Air Base-Ah Nasiryah Iraq

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Sure has changes since I was there. Of course we were the first military on the ground there. There were no buildings or tents and for sure no chow hall. It was MRE's for over a month.

Looks like it rained a little too. Of course we didn't see any of that either. It was VERY dusty. You could sneeze and there would be a dust storm

3. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

To say that Iraq has changed is an understatement. When I was there we lived on the ground with no shelter (except for crumbled abandoned buildings), MRE's only, no showers, and no communication for the first 6 or 7 months. Only during the last few months did we have any amenities. We lived in an old ammo bunker, had food brought once a day, and rigged an outdoor shower with a water tank.

I am glad that they have made the quality of life better for the servicepeople. It makes all the difference in the world.

Be safe and thanks for serving!!!!!

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Great photos, thanks!

We used to, (well I stayed a respectful distance away) play with LOX. Freeze things and break 'em. Loved working One Dirty's. Got an Accommodation Medal working the Weather 130's. Miss those ugly f####er's.

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Nice job ST85, was wondering when you'd have a chance to send pictures. Sounds like they have everything covered, if someone needs something small they can't get there let me know. I'll ship it to you.

Stay safe.

6. stallion85

Still lots of dust. We had a few good rain storms that flooded the place. Makes for fun work. The DFAC Dining Facility is pretty damned good. A lot better than if services were putting it on.

7. stallion85

I am in the Air Force and we pretty much have it made compared to other services. The quality of life here is a lot better since we actually have tents to sleep in, instead of the blown out buildings all over base. The Army actually has nicer living quarters than we do if you can beleive it. They have trailers.....we have tents. They still get shafted way more than the Air Force so they deserve some nicer things. We have total computer access with internet and e mail, we have cable tv, game rooms, movie theatre (small tent with DVD and big screen) Shower trailers, Latrine trailers, Library, Nice gym.

It still sucks being away from your family and being confined to one place. It may sound like a lot of cool stuff, but after a few months it gets old, real old!! :)

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice pics. Looks like someone dug a moat around the tents. Godspeed and thanks for serving.