Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Random pics of past hikes/campouts...

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by badmix, Oct 22, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

These are from various campouts ive gone on around here in florida. they are all primitive camping, we try to hunt/fish/forage for food, but take some freeze dried stuff, etc. I have ton more pics I can show.

Pic 1 - fish that was caught after 2 days and about 6 hours of trying

Pic 2 - my homemade POLE bed. it was very comfy and held up for 4 nites

Pic 3 - fishing at an old phosphate mine that has been filled in, ton of fish, but they liked handout foods better, too many hand feed them

Pic 4 - We hiked in 5lbs of meat and potatoes, this is being cooked using a Dakota pic. all the fire remains underground and there are 2 holes, one that you see and the other is jus inches away that acts as an air hole and wood feed thru. This food was very good, esp. after hiking for 5 hours and setting up camp. lol

My Pictures0011.jpg

FloridaCampoutPics0020.jpg

Mutual Mine II0005.jpg

FloridaTripPics0021.jpg

2. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Pic 1 - this was may, no need for a tent, jus padding and mosquito netting out on the prairie

Pic 2 - working on lunch, this is prickly pear, they are edible but a biotch to clean, you have to get all the lil hairs of them, you roast them up and they are alot like apples but with less taste

Pic 3 - This is water lily root, you dig down under the mud and yank it out, yum yum, this is dinner

Pic 4 - here is water lily root peeled. not too bad now.

Pic 5 - here is water lily root being boiled up. As far as taste? well, have you ever bitten into the skin of an orange or the outside of a banana, taste worse than that. lol.

We also mixed up some pine needle tea, that wasnt too bad. lol.

Campout0021.jpg

Campout0022.jpg

Campout0045.jpg

MayCampout 051.jpg

CampoutII0002.jpg

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice, my kind of camping.

i do a fishing trip a couple of times a year, and haul in equipment not much but still.

i like the most is just taking off with little or nothing