Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Random Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shane, May 12, 2001.

1. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

1. How do I know if my torque converter is locking up? Any way to test it?

2. What the hell is a TCC and how do I make sure its working properly?

3. How often should you change the little filters on the injectors?

4. Is me tranny electronic or vacum controled? It is a 91 blazer with a 4L60 (700-r4)

5. Why would my brake light come on a weird times? Some times when I`m on the brakes and sometimes just cruising it will come on. Once on it will stay on until I restart the truck.

Haynes manuals suck - big time! About as useful as two tits on a board if you ask me...

Sorry for all the questions but this stuff is bugging me.

Shane

Just keepin it Canadian[​IMG]

2. timebomb1602

timebomb1602 1/2 ton status

. How do I know if my torque converter is locking up? Any way to test it? <font color=red> you can usually feel it lock + rpms drop</font color=red>

2. What the hell is a TCC and how do I make sure its working properly?<font color=red>Torque Converter Clutch</font color=red>

3. How often should you change the little filters on the injectors? <font color=red>little filters?</font color=red>

4. Is me tranny electronic or vacum controled? It is a 91 blazer with a 4L60 (700-r4)<font color=red>vacum & TV cable

5. Why would my brake light come on a weird times? Some times when I`m on the brakes and sometimes just cruising it will come on. Once on it will stay on until I restart the truck.............<font color=red>could be the abs system</font color=red> <font color=blue>on the manuals I have a chiltons and it seems ok part#(8055)28624......thats the # at the top of the book</font color=blue>.

<font color=red>1991 GMC Jimmy 350tbi 3.42</font color=red>[​IMG]

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Torque coverter lockup:
    If you have a tach, you will se an RPM drop ~200RPM.
    You should be able to hear/feel it also
    Check out your local shop with a portable diagnostic computer-plug it in and take him for a ride. The computer will show RPMs and more. (did that method when I blew the sprag, TC was cycling up and down)

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Shane there's a search feature here. Can learn tons from going through things like 700r4 lock up problems, TCC, Torque Converter Clutch.

Once you get a good thread click flat and have at it. I do believe it is both vacuum and electrically controlled.

Good Luck

Why do you ask? What are your symptoms?

5. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

I was going through my haynes amnual and it showed a picture of a little filter that is on the end of the injector where is sits down in the TBI body. I can scan the pic if anyone thinks I`m crazer than normal [​IMG]

I`ll get on a search right snappy...

Just keepin it Canadian[​IMG]