Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Random thought/question of the day.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jul 12, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

When "Ice Cream Men", or (Politically correct version: any persons who drive ice cream trucks around neighborhoods to sell to all children of and sex, age or race) /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, when these people have nightmares, do you think they have that musical tune playing in their minds?

Or does the repetitive musical tune from the ice cream truck cause nighmares or temorary insanity? Just a thought I had, as seemingly the thought of driving around listening to the same thing for hours would get annoying after a while.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

If I drove an ice cream truck in this town I'd have nightmares... Those things are DIRTY and UGLY... almost as dirty and ugly as the people they get to drive them... They pay them cash daily, no background checks or anything /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

And parents allow their children to buy ice cream from these people... I'm sure they're good for the most part... But these days you can't just let anyone hang around with your kids /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Maybe I'm just spoiled, though... When I was a kid in Greeley, Colorado, I used to buy ice cream from nice people who knew how to shave and take showers, who drove clean trucks that didn't have dents in them... and there were 3 different companies, one dude drove around on his 3 wheel motorcycle that he converted... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Of course in Greeley, at any given moment, you can go to the North or East side, South side and West side, and find non-english-speaking straight outta Mexico people with their 3 wheeled bicycles with a freezer on the front, selling some kind of mexican bar ice cream... Good stuff... I'd even buy from them... Then I come here to Cheyenne and the trucks look like they were driven through hell and back, hitting every mud puddle on the way, and the guys that drive bathe in gasoline and motor oil............ Maybe I'll snap a pic next time I see the truck if I remember

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

the morons here come through as late as 930 pm and start around 600 am, plus I've seen them driving around here in 30 degree weather, lets be for realplus I don't buy Ice cream from guys that look homeless and smell like piss and beer! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif