Random Worth of a Good Running but Ratty K5 ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rigdonhome, May 19, 2003.

1. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

May 11, 2003
    OK, you may recall recently I bought a pretty nice K5 for a work truck that's nearly rust-free... I paid $1500 for it and already have several people trying to pay me double that for it...

Anyways, another is already trying to follow me home from only 2 blocks down!!! It's about a '76 actually a GMC this time, nearly mechanically identical to mine, more miles and such, but runs and drives good. Body is so rusty the fenders swing in the breeze (literally) and even one inner fender well is completely rotted away. Interior is very ratty from the top being off in the weather a lot. (Top is on now...)

I know I know I know it's worth a lot different amounts depending on where you live, what the parts are worth in your area, etc.

What would you give for this truck? My Wife is going to kill me and I very well may have to sleep in it or the K5 for a while if I buy it. I figure I could use it on the trails and keep my K5 nice.

Any off-the-cuff rough ideas just to encourage me to go buy it and park it in my yard would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif