Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RANT: ABC Channel 13 and HDTV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudFrog, Jan 25, 2003.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Well I'm having a super bowl party tomorrow, and I wanted to have the best setup I've ever had. So I went and bought a HDTV receiver so we could watch the game in HD. Well after trying for 4 hours to get a signal for their station I finally emailed the local ABC to see what the deal was and they claim they don't offer HD in our area yet. That really pisses me off because all of the other local stations do and now I don't get the super bowl in HD.
    I'm sure this means nothing to most of ya'll but I just sunk $500 into equipment for the super bowl only to find out I waisted my money, well... kinda.

2. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

should of bought a tv that was HD instead /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

They may not broadcast it in HD, but possibly in Digital, which is similar, albiet about an 8 on a scale of 1-10, with HD being a 10. Not very many broadcast stations broadcast in HD, as the FCC does not requre them to until 2006. I would check and see if, in fact, it was HD or Digital, as digital is almost as good a picture.

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Oops, forgot to add, most ABC affiliates have several different channels; one on local cable, one for analog over the air broadcast, one for digital, and possibly one for HD. I would ask if it is going to be broadcast in HD/Digital on another channel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Take it back! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif