Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rant about parents

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ok some of you might know that Iowa is gonna get alot of snow tonight through tommorrow. Well consequently tonight is poker night. So I tell my parents my buddy said I can stay at his house if the roads get to bad. They raise holy hell...the roads are gonna be bad...youll get snowed in...your wreck you blazer...

I swear im treated like a 16 year old that just got his License. Im 20 been driving for 4 years, and they dont know 3/4s of the things ive done with vehicles from drift bashin to going muddin. (well sorta the muddin from how dirty my truck gets) I know they are worried about me but isnt there a point were I get to fend for myself...If i was at college right now(still on break) Im pretty sure I would be out driving in the snow anyway. Any of you guys have an idea on how to get my parents to know that i know how to drive.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Take them wheeling one time, get stuck on purpose, then get unstuck to show them you know what to do in a situation like that.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

They are just concerned for your safety. Parents never really stop parenting, no matter how skilled you believe your kids to be.

I wouldn't take it as an insult. I'm sure they have confidence in you. However if they believe you may endanger yourself they will probably let you know.

:grin:

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You're 20, move out while you still know everything....:grin:

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you're still living in their house, you still gotta live by their rules. im 24, and still live at home, same thing applies, only i bend em a little. i was told "2 cars" here at one time. i'm up to 4 of my fleet of 5. :D

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Best advice your going to get.

Your parents know that you can drive......its the other ****ers on the road they're worried about.

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

thanks guys i have calmed down a bit since the post, but you are helping my thought process. hey beater K20...ive got 3
    I will be moving out for good this spring. Still live here on break tho, I know one thing about moving out, im gonna have to learn to cook.:crazy:

8. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Get used to it buddy:rotfl: At least when you move out you can ignore their advice...don't expect them to stop giving it tho:tongue1:

Brett

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nope, never.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Just keep in mind, any advice or whiney concern is convoluted love. Appreciate it before thier gone. That's the thing to do, everytime you get a lecture, just think, they'll be dead eventually, and you'll miss them. Dead... and rotting.

I got yelled at at 8am when going to work this morning to put on a jacket....

I'm walking out the door into a foggy day with icy roads, smoking, carrying my pistol AND my shotgun today, barely sentient, and I need a jacket to keep me warmzles

Awwwwww mom.......

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Pistol and Shotgun? got some big mice at the cafe do ya?:laugh:

12. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

take it all with a grain of salt? i live with my parents temporarily at 25... some days its cool others it sucks just a little. they are fairly calm nowadays though. put them through a bunch when i was yonger. from time to time i still do heh but thats part of being young making mistakes and learning from them. kinda have to listen to them while yer at home but sometimes just have to let it go out the other ear as well. they do mean well though. i know i cant wait to get my house/garage built this summer. then i can be with the wife and ALONE. peace and quiet is worth SO much!!! lol

13. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

heh thats why i love to read r j's posts. always brings a smile even if a slightly dark and sinister one to my face. thanks r j. :waytogo:

14. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I'm 47 and my mom still bugs me about smoking and what it does to my health. Us parents NEVER stop worrying about our children, no matter what their age.

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's that unnamed feeling...... makes me want to have heavy arms

16. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

... you'll understand when YOUR 20-something kid wants to do the same thing. :haha:

17. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

O I already know what my kids driving for a vehicle. A varitable TANK probably a 70s or 80s chevy with reinforced frame exoskelton, and majorly overkill front and rear bumpers...then a 2.8 litre V6 for a motor cuz hes prolly gonna have a lead foot like I do.:grin:

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

On a serious note, they may be a little overprotective, but try to appreciate that while it's there. I worry a little about when I'll be able to "release" my kids and let them be adults... They're 4 and 6 right now, so I have a little time...

19. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Ratch - wait till they get their first speeding ticket!! "But I wasn't goint THAT fast dad!!!" :D

20. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Give your parents another five years or so. After a few years of you making good decisions, that show mature thought processes, they will see you as an adult. When you get to the point that you can use your parents as sounding boards, ask and receive advice, and incorporate said advice into your own style of thinking, that is when it gets good. You just have to do the difficult part now. Good luck.