Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rant about the wife

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So we have Blazer Safari in October, OffRoad Expo in October, and a member run on the 'Con in September. The wife has informed me I'm allowed one event. WTF??????? I've never been to any of these places and the Accord POS would be going to at least two of them, so gas isn't an issue....Can somebody serve me some cheese for this wine?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I got two syllables for you - Wha-pshhh! (That was the sound of a whip cracking, BTW... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

My wife doesn't understand wither, and I am genrally limited to 1 thing every other weekend, if I go back to back weekends she gets pissy.

Here's your cheese - billet cheese, no less/forums/images/icons/smile.gif...

[​IMG] </font color>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

*lops off a big stinky chunk of cheese and lobs it at Bubba Ray*

Better?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

rene

4. FWP

FWP CRS

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    billet cheese

[/ QUOTE ] haaaaaaaaaaaa /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Whipped! LMAO!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey dont get mad man, my wife constantly tells me that we need 15 hours of "us" time a week. She read that in a book some ahole gave us when we got married. Think about that one. 15 hours. That's "quality time" I'm told. It doesn't include things with friends, family, sleeping, church, softball practice, or watching TV together. It's focus time on each other. So dammit, I'm lucky to spend 3 or 4 days a month wrenching or wheeling. Cause she doesn't like to wrench, and she only likes to wheel if we're not doing hard crawling. I think we all have to go through it, it's just a matter of how bad.

Btw, I dont mind the quality time, but it sure does get in the way of the ME ME ME ME ME time! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Me and my wife trade time. She goes jogging every night with her sister and I watch the kid. She also go to Utah about every other month and goes shoping with her friends for a few days and I watch the kid. Whenever there is some type of off-road thing going on, I'm there. As long as we both get to do our own things, it works out pretty good.

8. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

My wife and I do the same thing. Every so often I take the kid and she does her thing. Last week I went hiking, next week she's going up to New Hampshire to visit her sisters.

What kind of "quality time" is it when you wish you were doing something else?

John

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

I wanna go!!!

(I'm not helpin things, am I.../forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well at least you're packed to go Lara!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

11. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Billet Cheese....! That's rad! What's the story with it.....didja make it, or what?

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I just did a quick Google image search to find a pic of cheese and came up with that one. Some artist made it or something... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif </font color>

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

behold the power of cheese...

Buba Ray, I feel your pain! Wait til you have kids!

14. muddin4fun

It would give me somewhere to go! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Some weeks I'm lucky to get 6 hrs of "us" time and that sometimes isn't even "us" time, with family obligations and we don't even live together yet. Good thing he will be moving in soon, it's been hard on us.

16. muddin4fun

I know how you feel. Last week, we went out to dinner. That was the first "us together by ourselves" deal we've had in months /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

17. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

The number one cause of divorce...

Is...

marriage...
    [​IMG]

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Man do have it good. My wife goes on 99% of the wheelin' trips I go on (kids too). When I want to go, if we have nothing planned, it's on! She even helps me wrench (tool girl). My wife like's to go wheelin' because it is good outdoor family oriented time together. If there is an obsticle she is uncomfortable with, she'll get out and watch. She is even turning out to be a pretty decent spotter!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

John

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well, my wife is completely insane now, I mean to tell ya she's fawkin, fell down bonked her head wacko, she's so irrational now that she flipped out last night when me and my 6 yr. old son wanted to sleep on the back deck as sort of a campout thing and watch shooting stars,she thinks something bad will happen to him he'll be kidknapped or get the west nile virus or a couger will come outta the woods ( see small greenspace) or coyote or bear or whatever.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif try dealing with that on a regular basis. She dosent think anything is wrong with her behavior either, even though she was told by a licensed psyciatrist , she needed to be on MEDS!!!!So you aint got it as bad as someone else namely ME.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Sounds like your wife has an anxiety problem, dude... I have some freinds that had the same kind of issues, they went on Paxil and it completely changed their attitude towards stuff. I'm not a big fan of pharmaceuticals, but some people can definately benifit from them. </font color>