Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rant about women and trying to quit smoking

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rebelk5frk, Jan 28, 2006.

1. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Ok so after a lot of persuasion from my girlfriend, my new years resolution was to quit smoking. It was going pretty well until today. I gradually cut down for a few days and finally got to where I was not smoking at all. I had not had a cigarette in about a week and a half until tonight.

We go to our friend's house (ok mostly her friend....) for a "BBQ". Well we were there for about 3 hours before the hostess decides to even go pick up the meat. My girlfriend decides to go with her friend to the store and leaves me with 6 freakin' kids to watch. They were gone for almost 2 hrs.

While they were out, my girlfriend decided to smoke a cigarette with her friend. When they finally come home, I smell the smoke on her the instant she walks in. For any former smokers out there, you know how it feels to smell smoke in my situation.

So I smell it on her, and stressed out from watching 6 damn kids alone, and I'm hungry as a bear in spring. Needless to say, I grabbed one of her friends cigarettes and headed outside for a smoke.

Now the girlfriend is all pissed off and won't even say 2 words to me right now. So I say the hell with it, I'm going home.

Now before ask for opinions, let me add that my girlfriend has a sister that has been sober for around 90 days after 2 trips to rehab and won't dare have alcohol in sight when her sister comes to visit.

So...... What do you guys think?

BTW, no the cigarette was not all that great and still plan to continue my "stop smoking plan"

2. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

tell her to suck it up princess, or else im buying new tires and that 14bolt i allways wanted.

3. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I say don't **** with it until YOU want to quit.

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't do it unless she quits TOTALLY with you. Can't expect you to quit totally when she, herself, isn't. Just explain that she has to stop with you.

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Totally agree with what he said. If she's not willing to join you in quitting, tell her you're not doing it then. She asks why, tell her that seeing her smoking's only going to get you craving to join her and have one with her.

6. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

When you are on a "quiting plan", there will be times for quiz. When it comes to the folks in your face, opinions are like everybody has one, they should expect to be shown the door.
    Babysitting 6 kids, none your own? Man I'd demand pay.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

beaver oil is acceptable currency.

8. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

almost 24 hours later and she still hasn't said a word. BTW we live together. None of the kids are mine, half are hers, and half were her friend's kids.

screw it, I'm gonna go have a beer......f***ing women! grrrrr..........

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

MAN,that alot to ask outta someone.our book keeper at work quit smoking 17 years ago and say sometimes it still smells good. that was not cool at all to do that to you.:rolleyes: AND watch 6 kids while hungry!?!?i woulda gave them all a glass of milk and walked all of them to the store.WOW that was mean.:doah:

10. Inu-Hanyou1776

That'd work too. Now before you guys all go saying I'm still stupid on this, I've finally figured out what you guys mean by beaver oil.

Anyway, back on subject, I'd say you ask for plenty of it too as payment.

11. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Just remember to keep an eye in the mirrors when you are tempted to exceed the posted speed limit on that highway called manhood.:D

12. Inu-Hanyou1776

Cause Bubba, of the Beaver Police, is watching for that, ain't he?

13. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

:haha: