Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RANT I'm about ready to break someone's neck

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 20, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Maybe I'm getting more impatient lately, and not letting things go as easily.

But I'm extremely pissed off right now cause someone hopped into my backyard and ran off with 2 radiators. Yes, 2 scrap radiators... and why should I be so pissed off about that? Cause I always go to extra lengths to go out of my way to save and store stuff like that to scrap when I get enough of it saved up... it's extra gas money and helps pay for other things too.

And I get really pissed when some stupid thief decides he's going to just take something that I've had to let sit around in my way for months, with the only reason me dealing with having crap like that laying around here is so that I can at least get like 20 or 40 bucks to pay for my next entry fee at a mud race or whatever.

Instead, no, I get stuck storing it here for ever all just so someone else can decide to take it and get my money instead of me.

Is this a big deal? Not really. But right now it's probably a good thing that I don't know who it was that did it cause I'm not very happy right now.

end of rant

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Hit something with a hammer. A big, ****ing, hammer.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I had a used q-jet, with fuel bowl leaks, among other problems, in the back of my c10 (has a cap). Someone took it from a hotel parking lot one night a few months ago. I hope they installed it and it ruins their engine with ring wash.

Let it go. There's nothing you can do about it. Anger is a bad thing.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

You need to set booby traps!

[​IMG]

5. mountainexplorer

I still refuse to hit anything cause I always have this thing in my head that says if I take out anger on stuff, I'll be stuck fixing it later. Then that will just make me madder cause I'll be mad about whatever I broke or damaged from when I was mad the 1st time.

So just take big breaths and.... I'm calming down.

I think I actually maybe had 3 or 4 radiators in back. There went 100 to some a**hole. I really do want to punch something, but only the person who took my stuff. (keep in mind I'm not a violent person and normally refuse to hurt anything)

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You know where you would turn them in for money. Go down there immediately and see if anyone has turned in some radiators. If so, check them out and see if you recognize them. Then see if they remember who brought them in.

7. mountainexplorer

I just noticed it today cause I've been so distracted with other stuff. Looks like it probably happened when I was gone late last week or last weekend. One of my big 4-core radiators is gone too. It was out of sight between the garage and house. Looks like I'll have to extend the fence even higher than it is.

I'm so mad right now, not just cause of 3 or 4 radiators, but cause this has happened before, and I always just let it go. And it's not like I'm just leaving stuff out in the open to advertise to thieves, but they intentionally climb the fence and come in and take stuff thats easy to make money off of.

Right now, I'm worried about the Dana 60 sitting in my driveway. If someone takes that... well, Mr. Patient here might just snap.

8. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I hear you brother!! Check out my thread 'stolen checks'. I know EXACTLY how you're feeling, man.

9. 73k5blazer

You could install a web cam to snap pictures on movement (pretty standard these days on $30 cams) and keep a running log of all the pictures it takes.
    At least you'd have a face to go with the anger.

10. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

build a small shed to throw everything in. Im gonna do this soon...also prevents rust :D

11. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I say set some bear traps!!!!

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it's mostly cuz its a personal violation that pisses me off when someone steals something.what goes around comes around.

13. 73k5blazer

14. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My favorite TV show..............by far! :p:

15. boggerless

:D and it works both ways.:bow:

16. boggerless

i thought it was seeing EDITH naked.:haha: :haha:

17. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

The problem is that a lot of people know you store all that stuff up there. Someone, probably a "friend" is coming up to help themselves. Almost sounds as if they know exactly when your out of town. They never seem to steal when your home.

On a side note we used to have a parts thief way back in the day, taking pieces off Gerri's car. I took several 2x4 blocks and drove nails through. Left them covered with leaves.

2:30 am on a Thursday - "AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Disclaimer: All names and dates have been changed to protect the innocent. :D

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Back when I was 16 someone got in to My truck and stole all My cassettes (yeah it was 1986). So I glued razorblades under My door handles and the next weekend hosed the blood off of My door............

19. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

like I said when I emailed you... meth heads!

I've heard in the news there has a been a problem with people stealing copper piping out of houses being built.

20. 73k5blazer

That's exactly what I was thinking.