Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*RANT* On dealers...strange, huh?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Swanson52, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I know you all will find this odd, but here is another rant on DEALERS!!

My fiancee went to get the lowdown on a 1996 Suburban I checked out this weekend. Here are the specs, even though it has nothing do do with the RANT; 6.5 Turbodiesel, 3/4T, BLACK, grey leather interior, looks like a 4" Superlift, 33" BFG M/T's. I love it. It's my dream rig. So she goes and looks, and the salesman is pushing crazy hard on the lift portion, how it increases a truck's value, yadda, yadda, yadda. The price? 20 GRAND!!! WTF? Well, the lift makes it worth more and all this crap. SHe tells me this...fine, I say. I borrow a friend's 91 K5 that is nice (since my K20 is ugly as sin), rolling on a 6" Skyjacker and some 37" BFG's. The SAME salesman tells me the trade value is lower because lifted trucks sell more slowly than stockers. **** YOU! I told him to phuck himself and left. I hate dealers more every day.

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with you on this one. There are a TON of stupid dealers around. It mostly has to do with management running it. But im lucky, the one im working at seems to not do stupid things like that.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The SAME salesman tells me the trade value is lower because lifted trucks sell more slowly than stockers. **** YOU! I told him to phuck himself and left. I hate dealers more every day.

[/ QUOTE ]
    did you at least tell him why you said that and why he was a dumb ass?

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I would have brought your wife back down and called him on it. Maybe they would have come down on the price but..

On the other hand...If I saw a truck (IFS) with a 4 inch lift and 33s I would be more willing to buy it then a truck with a 6 inch lift and 37s. You really mess things up when you go that far on a IFS (which is what your looking to buy) and it wouldnt be as valuable to me eather. Also, a IFS truck is way more expensive to lift so it would be more expensive as compared to a SFA with a lift.
    Maybe that is what he is talking about?

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

A few years ago a short bed caught my eye, it wasn't bad lookin and the price was reasonable.
    I was driving the 73 and asked him how much he would give me for a trade in on it.
    New tires 33's in the rear and 31's in the front, a fresh 463 and TH400, no rust or dents.
    He told me $900.
    The reason was, He wouldn't be able to sell it because it was a BB rig.
    I spit on my finger and started to rub my forhead and asked him if it was still there.
    He asked what and I said stupid.

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've worked with a few dealers and I could not agree more. They were out to make the biggest buck they could screw you out of. I did work with two that gave me fair deals. It was so rare that it sticks in my mind. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

would have brought your wife back down and called him on it

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife might be mad that I have a finacee. Just kiddin...Anyway, I asked him about it, and he denied saying that, and told me that she misunderstood him, so I asked him to explain his outrageous asking price. "Um, well, it has new suspension....um....tires....it's a diesel, you know!" I realize that IFS is more pricey to lift, but it is principle that gets me. Selling lifted=SUPER MODIFIED, ONE OF A KIND, NEW SUSPENSION/TIRES/WHEELS!!! Taking lifted on trade=slow mover, not much demand for lifted trucks, kind of unsafe. Screw em, I'll keep looking.

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

The SAME salesman tells me the trade value is lower because lifted trucks sell more slowly than stockers. **** YOU! I told him to phuck himself and left. I hate dealers more every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a dumbfawk! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

My wife might be mad that I have a finacee.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Sorry about that. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I signed the papers and was approved to buy my 93 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif. (many years ago) I don't recall the % of financing but it was OK. About a week later I get a phone call from the dealer telling me I was not approved and I needed to come back down and sign another agreement with a higher finance rate. I think this is kind of funny since (at that time) I gave them a 9 thousand dollar down payment. (settlement from auto accident). But I was denied AFTER being approved. They know that I am not going to want to bring the truck in and give it back. Talk about reaming people. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I am sure there are many good dealers out there. Its just finding them amongst the bad ones that is the hard part.