Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rant on guy at junk yard. (long)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by balzackks84, Dec 17, 2002.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So I went to the salvage yard to get my Ford springs today. So i go into the office to pay. While paying for the springs i ask the guy why they boarded off all of their wheels. He said they were still back there and which ones i wanted. At this point i just wanted to know how much it was gonna be for a cheep set of 16.5 just in case i go hummer rims and dont have them on time. Well this other guy that works there over hears me and comes over.

He starts explaining to me that i chouldn't get 16.5's. Which i understand and said that i knew all about the lack of safety bead but i want them until i get Hummer rims cause they are a 16.5 bead lock. So he goes on to tell me that i should get a 16. Now after i told him that i knew it didn't have the safety beads hes telling me that the 16 has a lip that the 16.5 doesn't and draws me a picture explaining it. Now I'm pissed cause he's not even going to listen to me, he just showed by repeating what i said. So i just say i don't want to argue about this with you, but he keeps going. So I tell him the only reason i want the 16.5 cause i dont want to pay for tires twice (two different sized rims) then explained i want hummer rims, 16.5 bead lock. So all the sudden this guy knows about those too how they are 10 lug and have to use a tube.

So i buy into this whole smaller rim thing for a sec just keep keep him happy but made the mistake of mentioning 15" rims and grinding the caliper. He was irate, "why would you want to take your life and other lifes just to run a 15!"

So by the end of this 15 minute argument of how HE thinks i should set up my Blazer i just said "I just want to pay for my f***ing springs and leave" This dude really pissed me off. The whole time he was talking to me he was acting like i was a 2 year old. Drawing pics and repeating everything i had said. Oh and i understand that im only 19 but of course he brought up the "I've been doing this since you were in dipers." Maybe so but you obviously arent doing it now so who knows maybe what you were doing was WRONG!

And something else. When telling me i should get 16's i said but they are more expensive and hard to find in anything over a 37". So he tells me Schwabies can get a 44 in a 16" rim. Too bad they also want $380 for a 38 swamper who knows how much a 44 would be. His response to that is "Wll if you want to play with the BIG BOYs your gonna have to spend the money." At that point i just wanted to shove a broom stick through his eye.

It may not seem like it but im a pretty laid back guy. But this dude just hit every button.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Sucks to hear that kind of crap. I get that a lot too. Some people just don't know when to shut-up. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Whats the name and number of the yard? Everybody needs to call him and tell him they want 16.5" rims, over and over, just to drive him nuts. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Imagine his face when he gets call after call of all of us asking for a 16.5" rim!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. balzackks84

It's the tigard U-pull it (503 625 6141). I dont know the name of the guy tho. lol it sure would be fun. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Was it the big older guy thats always walking around with a cigar in his mouth?

6. balzackks84

The big older dude was teh guy i initially talked to but it was another guy a little shorter and dark hair. Maybe the same age.

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Oh yeah, i've had to deal with that a-hole also /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

That does sound like it would fun to play whith guys head...