Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rant...One of my MT/R's went flat today...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87BrnRsd, Jan 6, 2005.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Updated Rant...One of my MT/R's went flat today

While I was at work tonight, one of my co workers told me that I had a flat tire. I though, no big deal, probably a nail or something and I will patch it when I get off. Well I go out there and take a look at it and I realize that some ignorant jacka$$ stuck a knife right through the sidewall of one of my 37" MT/R's. I call AAA and of course they arrive an hour after they said they would be there. On top of all of this, I am just a poor highschool kid sturggling to keep up with insurance and gas payments. Now I have no transportation to or from school or work, and I have a $200+ tire slashed and I am not exactly made of money. I dont know what I am going to do. I am so pissed right now, I dont even know what to think. AHHHHHHHH This sucks royaly. I just cant believe somebody with such disrespect for others property would do a thing like this. It would be one thing if I were older and had a job that payed enough that a $200 tire wouldnt kill me. But I work part time and have no money. This sucks. Rant off.......
    -Harrison

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel I am a fellow high schooler and I had a blow out in one of my tires, I had to take the bus to school for 2 weeks until I got my paycheck :mad:
    Sucks man.

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

sh#t man that sucks! i feel ya im a fresh. in college and my truck expenses kill me, that blows about the tire. I am not sure how big pro comps go, but look into the pro-comp mud terrains as a replacement, my friends have the goodyr mtr's and i have the pro comps, almost identical tred pattern. Plus lots cheaper than goodyrs.

4. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

no, not close to identicle tread pattern. sorry to hear about the tire though, just stupid pricks.

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I actually had the same thing happen right after I got my 35's (3+ years ago). I was pissed. Where did you get the tire from?

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

vandals should be hung by their B@@LS

We have had a rash of vandalism in our area too--mostly mailboxes getting smashed with baseball bats,or tires slashed or poked with an icepick--I made a new mailbox out of 6 inch square tubing with 5/16 wall thickness many years ago when the last batch of retards thoght it was great fun to destroy others property-
    -(I heard a loud bell ringing sound a few nights after I installed the new box--when I went out to investigate,I found half of a louisville slugger wooden baseball bat lying in the street across from the mailbox!--I havent had to fix it yet!)...But if anyone tries coming in my yard and slashing my tires,I'll camp out in my van and wait for them--and they WILL be sorry!!!...since the police dont think vandalism is a big concern,they do practically nothing to prevent it,they only come and take a report,and maybe drive by a few more times than usual...

I think they should make tires with a liner in the sidewall made of some kind of knife and pick proof material---they would sell tons in the urban ghetto's in my area!...and they should use the knives and picks on the vandals hands if and when they get caught,I like the way the law in saudi arabia works--you steal or vandalize someones property,they cut off a finger,hand,or arm,depending on the severity of the crime--makes it easy to spot the theives in a crowd....

I dont see what thrill is obtained by destroying others stuff intentionally--if it were revenge for something,thats one thing--but if its just riding around,drinking,and doing stupid stunts just for entertainment--theese kids need to be punished,and should be made to pay restitution--IF they get caught,but chances of that are slim,the way the cops just shrug it off,and say "kids will be kids".....:mad: maybe if THEIR tires got cut,something would be done..:thinking:

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

If you bought optional "Road Hazard" protection w/ your tires, you may be able to get it replaced prorated.

John

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Or free.

9. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

im also a high school student also, some scumbag slashed one of my 38's once like the second week i started driving my truck to school, well luckily for me i was running hummer rims with the run flats in it. but trying to drive it with a welded rear end is tricky.

i got a set of 39.5 tsl, 35" all terains, and a set of stock wheels and tires that came with my axles, all on 8 lug rims, so im not stuck in your situation, and i also have an s10 dd.

if i was in your situation id look for a set of stock rims and tires to throw on it

10. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

i was going to say the same thing.. with big old tires like that, i would definitly have the warranties. sorry to hear about your bad luck.. go out and do some side jobs, fix an old ladies computer, plow somebodys driveway (if its snowing there) do anything u can.. thats what i am doing right now;everything possible!! good luck

11. low 84

low 84 Registered Member

most road hazard warrentee's don't cover vandalism or "mechanical wear". they really can't afford to, because if some one comes and slashes your tires every night they can't afford to give you a new set of tires everyday. if they are nice they will prorate them for you.

12. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I would like to keep all 4 tires the same make. Plus, the other three tires have about 65-70% tread life. Also, I like the durawall 3 ply sidewalls that the mt/r's provide. They work great in the rocks, just not against knives or picks.
    -Harrison

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I got the tire from a local tire company here in my town. I am friends with the owner, and he usually can get me some great prices. I got my 37"s for $185 a tire. No, I did not get a warrnty service on the tire. I dont know if they offered one or not, but even if they did, just paying for the tires was enough to make go almost broke. Well, im on the phone with my friend at the tire company right now, so I will let you guys know the damage.
    -Harrison

14. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

OK. The damage is $219 mounted and balanced. He said it will be here at 8 am in the morning. Thats a lot of mullah for me to be dishing out....
    -Harrison

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

news flash

Two local towns near me have had 2 nights of paintball and bb gun "attacks",several car and house windows shot out,siding on homes damaged...we had a rash of this last summer too,over 25,000 dollars in damage in our town alone--guess a lot of vandals got bb guns and paintball guns for christmas...:mad: :mad: :mad: :frown1:

Maybe I'll fill my tires with concrete:thinking: --that will "knife proof" em'!!:crazy:
    my tire are boneyard refugees and half bald anyway,so I havent a lot to lose ,but it would still tick me off if my tires get slashed--.

16. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

tire repair info

if the cut is in the side wall then see if it is vertical. if so go to a big truck tire shop and se if thay can do a SECTION REPAIR this is the in house name for it. but if the cut is sideways you are s.o.l. sorry. if repairable then would be real good for spare tire. this kind of repair is done in the big truck tires some times. the reason for the vertical cut is the cords go vertical in the side wall and hardly any get cut. sideways cuts a lot of them and takes the load capacity out of the tire. hope this helps you good luck.:frown1: :cool1:

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

True but if he just assumes it was vandalism, whos to say he didn't hit something in the road and it got sliced that way, unless there was a knife sticking out of the tire there would be no way to tell and it was only one tire not all four...Just making an observation....:dunno:

18. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

about two weeks after I got my 96 Blazer(only vehicle newer then 91 ive ever owned, or nicer then my GMC, some bastards up at college paintballed it, it wasnt just my blazer but like 5 other trucks at my buddys house too. We were watchin TV and heard all the balls hitting sheetmetal. We go outside just to see them leaving....bastards, I could go for some serious revenge on those guys, cops wont do anything about it cuz its just college kids that will be gone in 2 years or less anyway. I have a paintball gun that would kick out alot of paint but about the time i do that Id get caught in the act:crazy:

my sophmore year there was a big epidemic of stealing CB antennas off cars in the school parking lot. I caught what i thought was a friend of mine stealing one off my old 86 C10. he jumped in his honda and headed for a gravel road...after about 4 miles of me riding his ass at not smart speeds i think he figured out i wasnt gonna stop. he threw it out the window into the ditch so i stopped and got it. Consequently about three days later he got caught taking center caps off a mustang so his ass got into plent of trouble on that deal.

19. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

The cut looks like someone used a pick. Its sort of small but it goes horizontal. I got one of the guys at the tire shop to put a patch on the insde to use as a trail spare. If I ever get a flat on the trail, ill throw that one on until I get home and get a new one.
    -Harrison

20. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Probably some idiot enviro-wacko who wanted you to stop killing our planet.