Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RANT- people who aren't responsible for their actions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I know everyone here has been a victim of other people's stupidity. We are also aware that most folks nowadays feel they don't have to be responsible for their actions. Unfortunately, I just have to get this off my chest........

Yesterday a big blizzard blew through town. We got 6" of snow in about 5 hours. During the blizzard Kim had to run to the doctor's office and while she was there some inconsiderate faw*ker backed into our car, denting and creasing the driver's door. Of course, they just drove away. The little dent they left would cost me about $850 to fix, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sink that kind of money into a little Hyundai Accent.

WTF happened to the day when a person would faw*k up and deal with the consequences? Am I one of the only men alive that feels that although mistakes happen, inadvertently or otherwise, a guy should be able to stand up and admit his error and accept his punishment?

Anyhow, I know the majority of people in this world suck. I just had to get this ****ty feeling out so it doesn't wreck my weekend. If you got this far, thanks for reading........

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I don't know what's up these days. Seems to me personal accountability is no longer taught to folks.

Maybe you'll find the paint from your car on the bumper of the offender and you can teach him/her some manners.

The only bummer might be if it turns to be an elderly person who prolly didn't even know it happened.

I backed into some dudes truck while I was drivin a big ole stake bed truck and didn't even know it. The guy came flyin out of the bank and was yellin at me to stop and I had absolutely no clue why he was all hacked. :crazy:

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

When I lived in Corpus Christi, I owned a Triumph Spitfire. An old lady in a Lincoln backed over the front of my Triumph while trying to parallel park. She refused to provide me any info and tried to drive off. I ran around to the back of her car and smashed all her taillights out with my cowboy boots. Then she stopped and got out of her car. She started yelling at me and asked me what she was supposed to tell her husband happened to the car. I told her to tell him she was a stupid bitch!!

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A few years ago, I backed into the nieghbors car. They didn't see it, I could have just driven away like nothing happened, but that's not the kind of person I am. I went and knocked on thier door, and told them what happened. We exchanged insurence info. If this would happen in a public parking lot, I'd leave a note under one of the windshild wipers. That's only the right thing too do in my opinion.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Paul...Have a drink, and remember insert something cosmic here, now have another drink and repeat...:grin:

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey, you're wife is intact, so that's cool eh?

You have a small grasp on my stance Can Can. You know, the majority of people these days are viciously self centered, and not for the essential reasons that is used to be invoked for.

Life is easy, life is good, but people want it easier, they want it better, they want more and more and more, but they don't want to work for it or be responsible for it. They breed with the population outstripping the death rate, wanting children for no tangible reason and abandoning them to vicious influences. They champion conspicuous consumption, buying just to be better, buying not with a mix of want and need, but for no reason at all. They only care to be as comfortable as possible and world be damned. Your rights go down the toilet if they offend you, thier responsibility goes down when it would bother them. It's easier to be an anonymous stain on the day of an anonymous person than to fix your mistakes, or even explain a true accident.

It's a awful state of affairs, but if North America can work together and get busy living, instead of cogging out a series of base actions, we may be able to save this damnable rock.

Thier's hope brother, and it lies within the heroes. The hole diggers, the artists, and even innocent little monkey demons dug from thier own graves. We survive smoking, in pain, and bleeding, but we are remebered, and not for our possesions...

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

that's what i've always been told to do with a hit and run, do something to make their car stand out. of course, my demolition derby and survival enduro racing background makes me think of doing bigger things than kicking out taillights. can we say Pit Maneuver? :D

8. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I know your upset, but let me share MY tale of woe from last year. I was sitting in my truck, and see an elderly fella driving around looking for a parking spot. The spot next to me was open, so he pulls in but I could tell he was WAAAYY to close to me. Anyhow, he pulls in and his mirrorscraped and dented my front q-panel and door. He gets out, and I of course get out to confront him....he had no friggin clue! He tried to deny he did it, til I showed him the red paint on his mirror. Now, I don't think he was trying to avoid exchanging info, he just didn't know he did it! So, my point is....it IS possible the person didn't know they did it.

This was at work BTW, and when we were done exchanging info states "what floor is optometry on? I'm here for an eye exam and new glasses..." Son of a...

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

car problems

story 1: mom and i went to store parked and car next to use opened the back door and WAK hit are door . mom said to lady your kid just hit me car. lady said so what sorry, bla bla. mom opened here door and WAK to here car lady looked funny and mom said sorry with a big smille on her face.

store 2 : friend had old beater caddy no jem. person pushed shopping cart in to it. he had allready had a bad day , so he picked up the cart after thay left for another store and put it threw the winshiled of there car, and left the lot. ha

so just watch out what you do or it might come back to get you some day!!!:D

10. Can Can

Thanks for the advice, brother, but I'm already on Rye/Seven number 3!!!!!:woot:

I guess if that's the worst thing that happened to me today I shouldn't complain, eh?:thinking:

11. Can Can

Yeah, I already thought about the old person scenario, especially since Kim was at the doctor's office, but if they're so old that their body can't interpret the feeling of running into another car, they shouldn't be behind the wheel.:deal:

Thanks for all the replies guys. Like Z3PR said, everyone knows "the right thing to do". It's too bad so few people walk the walk.

12. Resurrection_Joe

What, no happy pancakes and orange juice comment for me?

13. Can Can

Sorry, I was duplexing when I replied to those other guys, RJ. I already fully understand your stance on the topic, and wish that more people drew anime pictures and enjoyed Kids in the Hall.

14. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

America does have more morons then it used to have. Avarus greedy desperation is the engine that propels them through their daily life. The cause is too many recessive genes being born that are just walking clones with no inborn sense of wit or culpability. I think foreigners are to blame as well. Too many of them where born in countries where vicious survival with no regard for discipline and orderly conduct is their heritage.

15. Resurrection_Joe

I've changed "duplex" to "ghosting" MUCH cooler

Make a note

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

don't forget lawyers,it's never your fault if you have a lawyer!!the other person shouldn't have been parked there. the last time i had to deal with an idiot, i was at a party store and there is 8 spaces. i was the only person there in spot #7 as far away from the door as possible.(there is a dumpster next to #8).so this car pull's in as i'm getting ready to leave and parks RIGHT NEXT TO ME!! he opens his door right into my new truck,i threw my door open so he was traped(i was backed in , he was pulled in)and grabbed his dunb ass and asked what are you a fag??why did you have to be right next to me??he was so dumpy i couldn't hit him(call me a sap). why aren't you right by the door like the rest of you fat lazy pukes??? sorry CANMORE your post started pi ing me off.:grin:

17. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

hehe, hey Can...note what i said after the whole ordeal! Its honest to god truth! He shouldn't have been driving, I swear! On a similiar note, I saw an old fella in a late 90's mini van....OMG, it looked like it had been thru armageddon! Dents/scrapes all over the bumper, huge scrape up the side.....and the only reason he caught me attention was cuz I was sitting outside a fast food place and the dude pulled into the parking lot and *slammed* into the curb!....then put it in reverse, too far....drive...pulled forward *bump...ok I'm here. Driving is a real freedom nobody wants to give up.....but JC bananas...some people need thier freaking licence revoked!