Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rant Rant stupid f$%#@%&^n

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by FLASHLIGHT76, Aug 25, 2002.

1. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Well I finally got my D60 rear put together and installed it on my truck. I cannot believe how much money I had to spend at NAPA!!!! I bought the disc brake conversion kit from Blackbirds in WA and found that it is not a complete kit!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Very disapointed. Ended up buying a couple hundred in parts to finish the job. Rear brakes drag alittle until they wear down. I was so happy to be done with it that I decided to go for a test wheelin to see how well the Power Loc posi would perform. All I can say is who needs four wheel drive!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I only needed four wheel once. Although while I was backing down (sliding down) in four wheel, my steering pegged to one side and locked the left u joint and "BANG!!!" /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Very up set, was a new front D44. Of all the f#$%#n luck. And of course I have my complete 10 bolt laughfing at me from the garage! Luckly I converted to manual hubs so I was able to disconnect the offending hub and get home. Just hope nothing internal was damaged in the Process. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Ok I feel better now. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well that's not all bad. what kind of traction device do you have in the rear?

3. FLASHLIGHT76

I'm pretty sure it's the Dana power loc posi. I had to do some research and that is the best match i found. The front shaft will have to be replaced though because it tore the yoke apart. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif It's only money! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

that's right, it's just money! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Wow, hate to hear you if you broke more than a u-joint.

Ken H.

6. FLASHLIGHT76

Turns out I completely blew the internals as well. I'll keep myself undercontrol. I just discovered that my ten bolt has 4:10's so I'll be able to use the 44 outers and the 10 bolt axle to make a running axle.
    /forums/images/icons/cool.gif of course I was hoping for the excuse to get the wife to let me buy a D60 front. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Too bad she made me look inside the 10 bolt. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif