Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

[RANT] Seems that the only parts Fry's sells are defective!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skigirl, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[RANT] Seems that the only parts Fry\'s sells are defective!

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Every time I have to return yet another electronic something to Fry's Electronics, (and those of you who've tried may know that trying to return something there is as annoying as driving on L.A. freeways - can you say "WAITING AND ENDLESS PAPERWORK RAGE"? /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif )

But, do I learn??? Heck no! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif I go right back and buy something else. I am changing my CK5 title to "Idiot with a Credit Card". /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

After endless searches for the source of battery drain in my truck (the door jamb switch helped but did not fix it), it looks like the problem is my new stereo head unit or wiring harness, purchased from......... you guessed it...... FRY'S. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

OK, I'm done now. Thank you for listening. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I like these little instant gremlin guys! Couldn't tell, could ya? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Re: [RANT] Seems that the only parts Fry\'s sells are defective!

They suck the ultimate suck... the one here is run by idiots. I do buy stuff there but things like computer games/programs, wiring and things that don't have parts that break like computers and stereo equipment... the prices can be good but for most things not worth it if they break because they are a HUGE pain to exchange and return with.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    "Idiot with a Credit Card".

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm sure Steve could put that under your user name... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Steph: Yep, I think they hire people only if an EEG registers zero. Not a brain wave in sight.

Thanks for the suggestion Rene! Think I'll ask him... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I hate Fry's.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

A place that sells electrical stuff named Fry's ????????? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Just the name alone says it all. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
    Dont think I would want to shop there /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

And it lives up to it's name. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

8. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

You aren't buying the boxes with the fry's labels on them saying "inspected by ____ " are you? I've done ok at Fry's but I stay away from their returned merchandise. I havn't bought alot from them - maybe I've just been lucky with what I've got.

9. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

No, I won't buy a returned item. I manage to buy f'd up stuff even when it's brand new and unopened!

I guess the only upside is that it's still under warranty and I can send it back to the manufacturer. Bad news is I have to send it back and go thru all that hassle, and I have wires hangin all over my front dash again, and I'll have to do another install. *sigh*

10. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

hey i like frys but ive also not had a bad experience with them either.I mostly like that they have things that others dont sometimes.Sometimes their prices are lower than like best buy circuit city.

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the little `inspected by' tags that end up on returned merchandize can be used 2 fold... if you're considering a product, and see that most of the ones on the shelf have the return tag, then you can almost deffinately assume that its crap. everyone who returned it couldn't be entirely wrong....

I generaly use fry's for more a product testing ground, rather then a source of product purchasing, or to buy certain goods that just can't be destroyed ( RJ45 heads, and cabling etc) if you want to compare fry's to something, compare it to christianity: although not the greatest thing on the face of the planet, it is a nessicary evil, and serves a purpose.... the return policy is also quite forgiving... you can return almost anything without any charge, as long as you do it within the first 15 days on computer components, or 30 on everything else.... also, it isn't that bad standing in line to return something, if you go at the right time of day.

-Rich