Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RANT: Theives on 20inch rims a trend?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieBlazer, Dec 17, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I was outside right after dark this evening. Watching my younger sis who bolted out the door and wasn't supposed to be out there...I had the hood poped on the blazer the front rims off tinkering with this and that....the hanging light on my hood shining into the engine compartment. So I ran out after her, to be greeted by her standing scared looking and I turned the corner out the garage to see two 16-17yr old black / mexican males standing stradling their bikes next to my younger sis's car. One said "Excuse me sir do you have the time" Not haveing a watch on me and not much caring seeing them in my driveway I said no not off hand...and they bolted off....I grabbed my younger sis (3 yrs old ) and her ball and brought her inside and told my mom about what just happened...as I thought more about it why would they have come up my steep driveway, which is quite long to the back of my house just to ask for the time...I then figured what they were up to, my shop wet vac and electric sander were sitting out in plain view...my doors on the blazer unlocked, them on bikes...you guessed it! They were after something...I was pissed as they just opened a bridge connecting my very quiet neighborhood to an apt complex and since then the neighbors have had stuff stolen constantly. I then walked back outside to see them hauling off on their 20inch rims from the apt.s further down my road...pissed and curious from 10min before I hopped in the trusty C10 to run them down...load pipes and all for effect....caught up to them and asked where they lived which they would give no clear answer, but I made it clear to not come back into my neighborhood after dark and up my driveway anywheres near my back door. They then without questioning or mentioning theif said "I ain't no theif bruh, i got money, i dont need to steal nothing" and rode off, I followed them a few blocks off my turf and headed back home. At first I felt like I had jumped the kids kinda hard but apon return and talking to my dad the neighbors had just had a bike stolen... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and without knowing there were now 3 kids on bikes when I had only seen the two in my driveway, the other was more than likely next door at the time and these two came up my driveway to see what tools I had out....just pissed me off that especially around this time of year crime seems to go up and these punks are invading my space looking for things to steal! They were more than likely pulling on the handles of my sisters doors seeing if they were locked when I walked out. "What time is it sir?" SHEEESH! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Seems like most of the theives I have read of lately here escaped on their 20's....I useed to be an avid after dark BMX'er but never stole or invaded anything from someones life

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Ya gotta lock yer sh!t up.... sucks dont it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I keep salt load in the shotgun.... will hurt like HELL!!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Best deturent I've found is motion lights !!!!!!! When they're out gankin, that last thing they want is to be seen. So put up motion light that light up every part of your proporty !!!! Make it so they can't get near the house, garage, or cars without setting off the lights !!!!!!! You can hook up a loud buzzer to the motions lights also, but the neigbors might not care like that too well.

4. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

I agree with the motion lights!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Would your neighbors be up for a neighborhood watch program?? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifIt seems like the cops around here come out a lot faster if you mention "neighborhood watch". They know that it's not just a paranoid citizen on some rant with a neighbor kid. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Sorry to hear about the neighborhood " shopping spree". /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif:( There has to be a way for you to catch them! (without getting yourself into trouble) I would love to take kids like that out and teach them a lesson.....but it always seems to turn out worse for the good guy!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Funny how the laws work for the criminals sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Good luck and I hope you stop them!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Light up everything really well. I plan to buy one of those cameras after Christmas because I know they'll be on sale. That way they can't lie. They are on tape stealing. I also plan to hang up a few of those signs that say "Nevermind the dog, beware of the owner" with the handgun on them. You also could do like a guy who moved in down the street from me a few weeks ago. He sits on his front porch with his 12 guage cleaning it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yeah man, you down there in Louisiana, can't ya just start throwing rounds downrange and let them know that they are not being agreeable with the law abiding folk? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

hey man you gotta problem with the south /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Land mines and razor wire around your property seems to be half-way effective... Moreso if the fence is electrified... Or perhaps you could post a sniper on the roof... Then again that's probably not legal, even the electric fence part of things, which is BS IMO but anyhow, lights are probably your best method... Except for motion detectors set to ring an alarm in the house to alert you of somebody crossing the perimeter of your property. I think that's the method I'd want so I could get out a camera, a shotgun (in case they should happen to want to make a trip indoors), take some photos of them tampering, and call cops... Then you have some evidence should they happen to leave before police show up anyhow... Not sure how much that would help though...

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    hey man you gotta problem with the south

[/ QUOTE ]
    You think with a name like Bubba Ray I have a problem with the south? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Boy does that ever sound familiar. About four years ago we had a family move onto the street behind us. The parents were nice enough, but their kids were the typical gang-banger wannabes. About a month after they moved in, things started to turn up missing. The kids were observed on several occasions stealing stuff and seen on a lot of carports and around storage sheds late at night. Every time the cops showed up at their door after somebody called and complained, the parents lied and said that the kids had been inside all night and that it must be some other kids (that’s a riot since they were the only black family within 5 miles or more at the time. After seeing them snooping around my garage one night I rigged up a nice surprise for them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I installed a series of motion sensor lights; and for that little extra that means so much, I tapped into the signal from the motion sensor and ran it to a 24 volt power source (the signal was used to trigger the power source just like it is used to turn on the lights). I then ran the wires from the power source to a series of six shotgun shells with shot removed the primers replaced with model rocket engine igniters and inserted into a length of ¾” pipe about a foot long. These were then placed into the ground a few inches and pointed upwards in somewhat hidden locations around the yard. I then placed a ½ second delay (from Radio Shack) between each “noisemaker”. To say this had the desired effect is like saying the pope is Catholic. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif They froze when all those lights lit up the back yard like a football stadium, and when the “noisemakers” started firing; all I could see was arseholes and elbows. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I bet they left a yellow and brown trail all the way back to their house. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Funniest thing was that they called the cops saying that I had shot at them. Before the cops showed up however I rounded up all of the used pipes and wiring. I know the cop who responded, we went to high school together and he lives down the street and had several things stolen. When he asked me what had happened I told him what I had done, he completely lost it. I swear it was at least five minutes before he could stop laughing. To top it off he told me later that he told the kids parents that it couldn’t have been me because I don’t have any guns (uh huh and cows can fly too). After that little episode nothing else stolen in the neighborhood and they ended moving out a few months later. I still get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I think back on that little episode, not to mention a good laugh.

11. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You shoulda gotten a video of it.

12. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    perhaps you could post a sniper on the roof... Then again that's probably not legal

[/ QUOTE ]

in texas if they have trespassed on your property after dark, law says you have the right to defend your property, so basically yea it's legal here

13. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah! I love Texas!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif We have sitting by the door:
    1) Axe Handle
    2) .44 Mag (sound will make ANYONE crap their pants...)

I live in a neighborhood and I have this stuff...it's just been getting worse and worse around here.
    About the lights...when people broke into our Blazers, they pulled the light off the garage to turn it off. We then put a 12 foot post with a halogen light on it and put another halogen on the garage where they can't reach it. That's helped a lot...not to mention NRA stickers on our cars that I got from a friend... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif