Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RANT: Why does it all seem to come pooring on me at once

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Aug 14, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Man life sucks, I"m about as down as I can get anymore. Got back to lubbock, about $1800 and set to enjoy life for awhile, not haveing to work much just concentrate on school. Well that didn't last long, they day after I got back my truck (sonoma) decides it wanted to short something out, and while I was at a friends it just crocked when I tried to start it. So had it towed to mechanic, since I didn't have a clue, and forked over the $130 to find the short, fix it and replace the fuselink. Ok back on the road, within a week later, the alternator goes out, on my way to a meeting. so I grab my jumper pak and put it under the hood to limp it back to the mechanic. Antoher $135 and I have a new alternator. Back on the road, well 2 days later my starter goes kaput so...Sunday night went to Autozone at 11:00 got a new starter and I can't get the friggen bolts loose. So have to take it to the mechanic since he has the air tools. $89 for starter, $45 labor and I have a new starter. Ok all set....wrong. Yesterday (about 2 days later) my radiator that had a small seep decided it wasn't happy being a small stream that was filled on a regular basis. It had to turn into the mississippi. So I finally found one this morning at a local yard, $70 , I filled the truck up and headed across town. Got the part, had to fill it up with water again, and hurried back, (got warm by the time I made it one way), put it in and you'd think the whole world be better right.......WRONG.. that friggin one is leaking too. It did come with a warrenty but the first this week when the radiator decided to make it's hole big enough to drain all the water out I guess it fawked up something under the head cause it's running like crap now.....when does it all end. The engine acts like it only has 3 1/2 cylinders going, so I'm guessing I'm getting water into the cylinder but I'm not seeing anything coming out the exhaust? But I haven't checked the oil yet so....life sucks....

And to top it all off I decided to start working last week so I could have fun money, to keep the money I had for school , well started with ADT Home Security, doing sales but that hasn't worked out either, I"m doing my part but I guess the world just isn't receptive of me in sales anymore cause in the last week I haven't sold [censored].
    Broke, Frustrated, and nowhere to go......

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

not good.i know how you feel.every time i turn around something else goes.good thing is now that you replaced everything,there is not much left to replace.just like mine.i have almost new everything. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

totally know was, this month has been like "lets screw arq month" or somthing. first my bro screw me with 4000 for a truck i sold him, then i buy a house(i'm not that broke but anyhow) and the lady said she was gonna fix some things on it, i haven't heard of her since the sale WTF, so I'm out like a couple grand there too. then i ask my nephew to paint a car that i just bought, he wants another grand even after he owes me a few grand for a project he never got done for me /forums/images/icons/mad.gif at least i have my job still, can't reallly complain about that. but i am strait out broke, living pay stub to paystub. stub, cause i'm not seeing any of it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

ARQ.