Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NEK5, Apr 7, 2007.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

This place is really starting to piss me off. (my work) For those of you in New England, don`t EVER work for the Christmas Tree Shops. This place is ****ing rediculous.:mad: :mad: At the beginning of the year when the minimum wage went up from $6.75 to $7.50, it caused alot of problems. Mainly because there were people that who worked there for a year or more, and were making say $7.48 only got a $.02 raise. So now, people that were just getting hired were making the same amount as someone who has been there a year. My buddy who I work with had that problem, and was about to leave...

Well, now they opened up another can of worms.:mad: :mad: They decided that they were going to raise the stores starting pay to $8.25. So, where does that put me. Well, that gives me a whopping $.10 raise:mad: , and not only that, I now make the same that the carriage person (also my buddy) does, who has only been there since November 06, and I started November 05. Here`s what I don`t get, and I`m so ****ing pissed about. We both make the same, yet I have been there more than a year longer than him, and the rate of pay for my position is higher than his!:mad: :mad:

So now I`m defintely going down to the Lowes Home Improvement Hire center as soon as I turn 18, as well as a few other places.

Rant Off

2. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

1) If you live your life comparing your pay to others' you'll never be happy. If you've got enough to cover your needs you're in good shape.

2) Maybe I'm getting old, but $8.25 seems like decent money for being in high school and having less than 18 months experience.

3. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

1) I think I`m starting to remember that line my mom always use to say: Life isn`t fair, get over it.
    2) It`s decent, but I could use more...