Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rant

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Oct 8, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Jeff heard part of this the other day....

It's tuesday afternoon in a mild fall day. store is rather slow going, not too many customers. I'm scanning the product tags ordering stuff as I see the meter man pull up to read the meters of those businesses in this complex.. nothing out of the norm.......

When after he rounds the back of the building he comes in and says.. one of you guys should probably get rid of the deer head back there. it's getting pretty ripe. I was like /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif WTF is this dood talking about, back where? what? huh?

sure enough someone had dumped a deer head in the back fenced area about a 10 x 10 tiangle where most bums like to camp out for the night. the head was fresh. and yes it was a DOE. a deer a female deer (LMAO)

Stupid Fawkers

where do people get off in poaching? and why would ya drag the head back to town with ya?

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That does suck, but don't assume it was poached. Just an idiot not caring where he dropped the remains off........ /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i guess the forestry service could always hire former marine snipers to go out and pick poachers off in the bush. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i guess the forestry service could always hire former marine snipers to go out and pick poachers off in the bush. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wanted to be a sniper, sounds like a neat job /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll do it for free LOL

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

well turns out it was a legal kill.. the kids dad who dropped it off has a handicapped tag so he was allowed to shot anything. I'm still gonna punch the kid who dumped it there... you had to walk by the dumpster to get back there anyways,LOL

6. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Very few things in this world worse than poor stewardship. We ar at the top of the food chain because we are suposed to be smart enough to use the resorces of this world wisely and protect it from harm. I don't have a problem with a man who kills a deer to feed his family, but to dump the remains instead of putting them to use is intollerable. I agree, punch the kid for me as well. I don't hunt, mostly because I don't need to go down that road to provide for my family, but those of you who do really need to be aware of responsibility you take on.
    T-roy

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    We ar at the top of the food chain because we are suposed to be smart enough to use the resorces of this world wisely and protect it from harm.

[/ QUOTE ]

and here I was thinkin that we were at the top of the food chain because our superior brain power allows for teamwork, language etc and we have opposable thumbs. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

being good stewards of the earth may be something we decide to do... but I dont think its the reason we are at the top of the food chain. If I ever see a giant squid sweeping up messes on the bottom of the sea floor I may change my mind tho... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

8. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Point well made, and opposible thumbs do help, but we are still responsible for what we do while we are here. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif