Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rare 1st Gen?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crawlink5, Apr 1, 2004.

1. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

I went looking at a 4x4 burb and the guy had a blazer sitting there! He had a 1st gen 71 or 72 (I think) K5 (with the K5 emblems) that also had an extra option emblem under the door windows. Three letters - sxt? maybe? I don't remember the letters. He did say it was rare.

Does anyone know about this? He said it had power steering, brakes and A/C from the factory.

Just wondering.

2. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

probably "cst" (custom). For what reason, I have no Idea. Maybe custom cab. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Joe

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Yeah, it's CST. It was the high-end trim line, as I recall, like the 'Cheyenne' for '73+. Stands for 'Custom Sport Truck', and is prized among gen-1 people... I donno that I'd call it rare, though.

Post in the gen-1 section and Greg or somebody who knows better will tell you all about it... or look on the Brochures pages for 69-72, there's some detail in there.

-- A

4. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Thanks - just wanted to let him know. He's not into computers so he doesn't get much info on it.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup Custom Sport Truck
    Came with scrol type trim and seats, chrome besels, all the perrty stuff. The biggest difference is factory AC, the dash has forward vents in it for the AC. Non CST modles do not have thease forward vents in the dash.
    Basically just a bunch of Lipstick & Face paint /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I have one of those "CST"...it might be rare that it runs.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

I have a CST blazer that has no forward vents in the dash.

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Wow /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifI ASSummed that all CST modles came with AC...My bad /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a CST blazer that has no forward vents in the dash.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. the po said it had an ac but it was completely underdash???? i got the idea it was like a vintage air unit. unfortunatley he took it out and trashed it to mount a cb under the heater controls.

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

a/c C60 was optional regardless of the deluxe appearance package it got

a/c had nothing to do with Z84 CST lol

C60 is factory ordered and installed dash vents style a/c system

dealer installed underdash unit was not listed on RPO label and had no vents in the dash and was chopped into the truck with stock non a/c boxes and "non a/c rad support" holes were drilled through the rad support for the a/c condensor lines, etc. very rigged, is very easy to tell dealer from factory a/c, huge differences

11. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

My first K5 was a 72 CST with no A/C. I thought the main difference was the body trim and interior rear side panels.

12. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dealer installed underdash unit was not listed on RPO label and had no vents in the dash and was chopped into the truck with stock non a/c boxes and "non a/c rad support" holes were drilled through the rad support for the a/c condensor lines, etc. very rigged, is very easy to tell dealer from factory a/c, huge differences

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like what the guy was describing to me. i would like to put it back in just fopr kicks.

69k5