Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rate my $1170 Suburban

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fixmy59bug, Mar 24, 2007.

1. fixmy59bug

fixmy59bug Registered Member

Ok, it has taken me a while but I finally got a pic of my suburban that was requested a while ago.

It is an 89 GMC R1500 (I know, I wish it were 4 wheel drive), it has the 350 TBI and 700R4. I bought it with stock suspension and some nasty wheels and tires for $650. It has maroon interior, 3rd row seating, front and rear air, class IV hitch (I think), the PO put in a torque convertor lock up switch in, and this thing runs like a champ. I took the 1 ton suspension and 14bff from my old 73 C30 (that I got for free) and transplanted it under this one. Everything bolted up perfect. I picked up a set of black epoxy coated Hummer H2 wheels for $350 for the 73 before I bought this one, but never had a chance to install them until now. I then installed the $120 3" body lift without much of a problem, and hooked up a $50 extra heavty duty trans cooler. Even with the bigger wheels and tires, she still manages to get about 18MPG when empty. Last month when I was towing a 2,000lb trailer, I still managed 15MPG running about 65mph. Not bad for a vehicle of this size. The only bad spot on the paint would be the hood. The paint is peeling off (aren't all GM vehicles of this era peeling?), but since the primer underneath is also maroon, it isn't really that noticeable. Over all, I would say I did good and am very happy with the burban.

[​IMG]

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well considering $100 beaters cost about 700 now, I say you did real good. How many miles?

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Looks like a good deal to me!! 1170 a month for gas now too.......