Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rattle can

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by foolhardy, Jul 5, 2005.

1. foolhardy

foolhardy Registered Member

can you relly get good results with rattle can like with rustolem i want to paint my rig black i want it to look some what good and i dont have a lot of money right now. (saving up to get a 490)

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

well the real question is are you prepared to do ALL the required prep work???

have you ever painted anything before? if you haven't you can get a decent job out of a rattle can just prep correctly and take your time most of all.

the biggest tip i could give if it's your first time is work slowly piece by piece and don't try to get full coverage on the first coat....

on a side note do you own a decent 30+ gallon compressor?

3. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

view my post in here "lets see how it goes"

4. foolhardy

foolhardy Registered Member

yes i have painted my truck before i am sick of all the crap because it is purple it just needs to be sanded and than painted

5. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

well it is my understanding that too many mills of paint equal bad paint job, so if you mean scuffed and painted naw i wouldn't do that if i were after a good looking paint job. i'd take it down to factory prime and go from there. just my .02 though