Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rausch creek

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by TorkDSR, May 23, 2004.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

there was some carnage.

we all had to winch the first trail we came to, it was a rocky up hill with real soft muddy topsoil between rocks, by the time i got up it it was destroyed
    pete, the only one without a winch, got some assistance from Shaun's burb and a multimount mile marker

we got to the top 2 hrs later and ate lunch

after that we uh, ran some trails...

Shaun mangled the he|| outta the burb's rear driveshaft. (i hope he made it home.. 3 hrs to the middle of long island)
    but he managed to keep the rest of the body pretty dent free with the use of some spotters... but we tried to keep them outta the pictures.

after a long argument of approaches and technicalities as such, pete dominated crawler ridge. and it dominated his rockers. (we're starting a collection now to get boss to make him up some sliderzzz /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif ) then rick in a cj7 on 33's tried to kick the ridge's ass as well... 20 yds into it his draglink let go at the TRE; always looking to be a hero, i sent my spotter bich dave around to get my ruck and I promptly spotted him into quite a predicament. wedged between a rock and a tree, we figured using my new winch rope yet again was the best option. it turned out the rope was stronger than my steering components

my tie rod decided to reach up and meet my oil pan, and in a fit of abusive rage, my swampers pointed in to each other as if to say "F you" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

rick fixed his steering about a half hour before we got me unstuck. Dave eagerly cut down the tree behind me with a fire axe, and pete yanked my azz end around enough i could back out of the situation

we headed back to the trailers after that.

i took my usual amount of body damage, lost a tail light, wrecked the handle of my tool box and destroyed my tie rod.

pete took some body damage, and a real hard slide on his rockers. and his ARB blows fuses randomly.

my pop had zero carnage, and kept all his tires on the ground.

Shaun wrecked a driveshaft and took a good tree drag to the rear driver door.

rick mangled his tie rod and drag link, but got it mostly repaired.

looking forward to the 20th !! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

We pulled over, removed Shaun's driveshaft, and tried to seal the tcase with no luck. So...we used my AAA membership to get his truck towed to my house and it will be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

Email me the pics from today, I will pm you an address where you can send them all to.

Ordering tube for my cage this week or the next and will be removing /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif and rearranging sheet metal as well/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif.

Oh yeah, I got a lot of "Dude! Cool Truck!" and alot of these from people on my way home /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Damn it whare are the pics???????????????? I should have went up but I kinda spent my wheeling money on stuff for the Burb and the house. $300 to the house and $125 on the Burb. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

these are all just vid captures... sorry for the quality.
    as per my pop's request we took alot more film pictures... he's sick of not being able to show his friends /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Damn! I totally wish I was there! Sounds like madd carnage.

Everytime I come down hard on my rockers, I point to them and say "Those are Built for a reason!"

Can't wait to see pics.
    Boss

6. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow!!! That looks tough!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I need to get out there!!!!

7. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I just got back from the driveshaft shop, The guy is going to build me a totally new shaft with larger u-joints and thicker walled tubing. He said the only reusable part was the yolk, so I'll just save it as a spare.
    Thanks again for all your help Pete.

8. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Wow, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Even with Hi-steer you can't get that rod out of the way...

9. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

lol... no man, the bad boy just gave out. we were winching, and up against a rock.

before pete says it "yes, i was on the [darn] bypass" /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

That's what happens when you use a piece of fence post for a tie rod. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

wow that looks like a good time i got to fix my POS

12. puck k5

puck k5 Registered Member

Looks like you guys had a good time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Found some bugs in my k5 when i was up at Emporium. Hope to work them out so i can go next time.

13. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I guess I should of brought my camera, sucks not having any pics of my truck hitting Crawler Ridge.

14. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

we got that on goood ol' film.
    just need to kill the roll, develope and scan em.

15. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Isn't that a little close for the spotter? LOL.
    Sounds like you guys had a good time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

he was adding traction... with his torso /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

that was trail repair... its all good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif