Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rausch Creek

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by gmc4cw, Feb 7, 2007.

1. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

After having a conversation with Bruce for the first time in 4 years I will be going back to Rausch Creek. Some people know the full story behind why I don't go there. For those that don't, all that matters is that we both agreed that what happened in the past was the past. He actually said "that he was looking forward to seeing me there". To me that means something. The park has grown and become organized. I am looking forward to going and having an uneventful day of wheeling.

There are more then a few reasons I am posting this. I tend to not let things go. I am just starting to talk to my younger brother again after several years of silence. He caught my truck on fire and basically told me to go F myself after I expected him to help pay to fix it.

To the younger guys or just plain stubborn sometimes it's easier to forgive and move on.

On that note. lets go wheeling. who can go when? I am looking at early April if that works for anyone else. I could go early if enough people join in but after going to Paragon on their last day I am reminded why I do not like wheeling in the snow.

and some pics from paragon's last day to make more people look at this thread.:D

paragon 031.jpg

paragon 035.jpg

paragon 018.jpg

paragon 024.jpg

paragon 030.jpg

2. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

I'd like to get to Rausch Creek, so I'd be up for a ride. Count me and my buddy in. (same green full size from previous thread)

3. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

Rc

It looks like RC is going to be the place to go. I can't believe that within the tristate area there is now only one place to go. April sounds doable, I'm hoping to have some mods done by then.

From your pics I can understand why you don't like wheelin in snow. It must have been freezing.

4. gmc4cw

It was in the single digits all day and there was wind on top of that. But I went cause I was never going there again. I saw the plans for the place. they are going to move a lot of dirt to grade it for the runway. the elevation is going to change by hundreds of feet from the highest to lowest points.

5. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

Paragon

That sucks, I hope those bastards choke. They had the entire state to put in a airport and they decide to drop it on paragon. I would love to open a place, but who has that kind of money.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

If all goes well I should make it providing it's a weekend I don't have to work.

7. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Can I go too?
    I'll be good:rolleyes:
    You weren't kidding about that Dodge being stuck:eek1:

8. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ill try to have my rig ready but dont know if i will have it done...unless i can get for mud to get down here and gimme a hand,some parts,and while hes at it some money!!!lol

9. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I can make it.

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

CHAS!?!?!?! Does this mean you're gonna have that seat available for me, since the Paragon trip is now off?? I'm down....let me know when!

P.S. The sooner the better - let's do this ;)

11. KGsK5

KGsK5 1/2 ton status

i may be up for it. what rigs are you guys takin up there? atm mine is on 4" and 33" ATs

12. gmc4cw

yeah my seats usually open. I just read that Paragon got a decision in it's favor. they can stay open until the appeals are exhausted. unfortunately I used up my wheeling pass with the wife for this month.:rolleyes: But once a month is fair. there are lots of guys on here that don't go that often.

13. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

My rig is a 71 blazer on one tons, 37's, locked in the rear, and my buddies is a CJ on 36's, also locked in the rear. Both with winches.

14. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Awesome. Well, let me know, and let's make is quick, fast, and in a hurry!!

Cool. Plan to use 'em!