Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Raw Deal pics

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Jays Beast, May 2, 2004.

1. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Had a good time today at Raw Deal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, Harley and Matt proved crossover is the bomb. Here are the pics

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Wish'd I coulda made it..... But I was busy trying to squeeze more flex out of the Mazda!/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Everybody's mod's are comin along great!.... My hats off to TJ for piloting that land barge thru there w/ such finesse./forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Matt.... D60 man!... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Looks like all had fun, and the flash flood that FatBob was prepared for never happened?/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.... that was Bob, wasn't it?!

Marv

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Just now got home from Allan's ...............Seems I couldn't drive for awhile, and wouldn't want to /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Working on my pics now. Thanks to all of you that were there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

My hats off to TJ for piloting that land barge thru there w/ such finesse./forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Marv i don't know if you can say i got through it with finesse????

But i did make it and had a blast, GEEZ i need bigger tires. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's one that really reached out and bit kinda hard though,,,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

URL to my webshots page for the pics

I had a heck of a time out there, i definately need larger tires, and you can believe that is the next thing on the list. Also a bigger hammer and some Bondo /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I look forward to doin this again sometime, but think i will have to wait on the tires, as i chewed these up pretty good, took out some good sized chunks of rubber from them.

Thanks Matt and Harley for setting this run up, was nice to see you guys along with everybody else that showed up.

I look forward to it in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sorry I missed it, looks like a great time. Sundays are bad for me but hopefully I can make a Saturday run some time soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. FWP

FWP CRS

Bwhahaha TJ, that's how I started out, little dent here/ there...Now, well as the 2nd would put it, sheetmetal's over-rated /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. It's funny, cause I started out on raw deal a few years back, with a pefectly straight K5, I dunno what happened between then and now /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I forgot to add this.....

[image]http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/download.php?Number=1299619[/image]

Damn, it didn't work, oh well i tried...hehe

9. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I wish I could have gone, my front shaft is not in and I found out my yoke was destroyed the last time a killed a shaft.

Have you ever done a 3 grand neutral drop with a big block and 38's /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Today I discovered my t-case adapter is cracked too.. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

[ QUOTE ]
    It's funny, cause I started out on raw deal a few years back, with a pefectly straight K5, I dunno what happened between then and now /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's Marv's fault! He is a corrupting influence on all of you! Just look at what happened to Rob! And your pristine full top! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The only defense is to remove ALL sheet metal. Works kinda like garlic…

11. marv_springer

[ QUOTE ]
    It's Marv's fault!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.... here we go again.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Marv

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ya, Matt is currently trying to corrupt me to the dark side. You know, the sides with all the wrinkles and dents that cast wierd shadows on sheetmetal. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

I can honestly say I am tempted. If Matt and I get my armor down right this summer I think I will be willing to try the hard stuff with you "hardcore" guys. My truck has to stay somewhat clean but I am willing to take a little hear and there maybe. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif We will see though. I really like this crossover and dual locker stuff. The steering made Raw Deal a walk in the park, so I need some hard trails to run. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Harley

13. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the cool pictures of Ole Wimpy. Makes ya wish you could jump out of your body to watch yourself climb the trails. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Again thanks for the pictures TJ.

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

14. marv_springer

[ QUOTE ]
    Makes ya wish you could jump out of your body to watch yourself climb the trails. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so w/ you dude... wwwwhhhhhhht!....

.... here ...

Marv

15. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have some pics up in my webshots (see sig) , not the best , need larger sd card so I can crank up quality. I did get the pics of the "repair" to Bob's hub . Will post up some more as I get to it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Well, I am in the same boat as fred. I read about raw deal 4 years ago in Four Wheeler in the trails section. I ran lower with open axles and 31's. I did upper (minus the last waterfall squeeze) with open and 33's that gave me my first 1/4 panel dent (it happened on the same rock as TJ's) I now proudly wear that scar behind my armor. My rig was bone stock and clean as a whistle. I have since modified it and wheeling with you hardcore AZ guys is making tacking my bedside seam a monthy deal. All that mall crusing we do is hard on a rig.

Oh well, I need to go post some 2wd dirt flex shots in the garage now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS harley, my doors have no dents for the record. As long as they open the body is strait enough for me /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif