Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ray "Chocolate City" Nagin strikes again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Mar 19, 2007.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Nagin Suspects a Plot To Keep Blacks Away

[SIZE=-1]By Hamil R. Harris
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, March 17, 2007; A07
    [/SIZE]
    New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin has suggested that the slow recovery and rebuilding of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina -- which has prevented many black former residents from returning -- is part of a plan to change the racial makeup and political leadership of his and other cities.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, what happened in New Orleans could happen anywhere," Nagin said at a dinner sponsored by the National Newspaper Publishers Association, a trade group for newspapers that target black readers. "They are studying this model of natural disasters, dispersing the community and changing the electoral process in that community."
    Nagin's remarks Thursday night recalled the controversy stirred up by his prediction in a Martin Luther King Jr. Day speech in 2006 that, despite the evacuation of thousands of black people in the wake of Katrina, New Orleans would once again become a "chocolate city." The mayor later apologized for the comment, which had infuriated many whites and African Americans.
    Nagin, who won reelection last May over Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu, referred obliquely to the "chocolate city" comment at the dinner and suggested that his assertion that New Orleans would once again be a majority-black city had made him a political target.
    "Everybody in America started to wake up and say: 'Wait a minute. What is he doing? What is he saying? We have to make sure that this man doesn't go any further,' " Nagin told a room full of black newspaper publishers and editors at the Capital Hilton.
    Referring to Landrieu, who is white, as "the golden boy," Nagin suggested his chance at reelection in the mayoral race had seemed slim because "they dispersed all of our people across 44 states with one-way tickets."
    "They thought they were talking about a different kind of New Orleans," Nagin said. "They didn't realize that folks were awake, that they were paying attention."

I just can't figure out why this guy isn't touring the country with Jackson and Sharpton, he's a natural.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what a moron... and the people of New Orleans deserve him. IMO he is the biggest joke of a major-city mayor since cocaine boy out in DC.

What the **** is up with that "golden boy" ****? I wonder what Nagin's response would be if the former Lt. Gov started calling him the "chocolate boy"? :rolleyes:

j

3. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: " chocolate boy " ! Sorry but I hope another storm comes and totally wipes that place out . If you rebuild there then you are an idiot . If a white mayor stood up and used the same language and used word's like "Vanilla " and blame problems on Black people HE would be labled a rasist a-hole and he would be all over the news :doah: . It's guys like Nagin and jesse jackson that make it HARDER for people of color to get ahead in this country . Get an education , learn to work hard and become a "GOOD" member of society ( not a thug ) and people will respect you and give you a chance . Also be a man and support your family :mad: . we don't need your little animal menality f*** trophies running around leaching off the system ( welfare ) . They are your children and not mine so you pay for them .

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Just a reverse-bigot at work :mad: .

5. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Being a "Mississippi boy" I know all too well how it is. Nagin and the La. people have whined and complained and got all of the attention and press while MS residents quietly WORKED and REBUILT thier cities and towns. They didn't wait on the government to come in and do it.

Your points are well taken. I couldn't have said it better myself. :bow:

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They voted for him, let them live with him.....

7. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

You just described the difference between a pinko-liberal local government, and a more conservative local government.

Quite a contrast :eek1:!

8. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There was a radio commercial on this morning calling for people that have been misplaced by Katrina to call a phone # because they might be eligible for up to $150,000 in govt aid. WTF???? It's going on 2 years since the big storm.

9. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Can we say (in unison), 'GOVERNMENT HANDOUT' :mad: ?!!

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd prefer the truth in the name......"taxpayer handout."

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

there have been some pretty heinous hurricanes that have hit Florida over the years, and they always manage to rebuild... without being a bunch of whiney pansys about it. I know the flooding in NO was different than most hurricane damage, but come on... the boo-hooing has gotta end sometime. Oh wait, let me guess... its only because Florida gets the hook-up because their governor was a Bush. :rolleyes:

Interesting fact buried by the media: if you were a NO resident when Katrina hit and you were white you were more likely to die than if you were black. I guess Bush hates white people more than he hates black people. :rolleyes:

j

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Florida probably was able to rebuild quicker and faster with all the drug money involved.

13. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

DC is the original (self proclaimed) chocolate city, and (self proclaimed) vannilla suburbs ( this stuff is all over the radio, for a long time). The people vote for mayors, so I would not blame him, same with Mayor Berry. Nagen seems to be playing it up when he's around others of his own kind, but kisses as* when the pres. is around:rolleyes: .

14. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'd still be laughing at that assclown and his cronies (homies, whatever you wanna call 'em) if it weren't for my tax money paying for all that sh*t....

15. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

EXCELLENT POINT, I stand corrected :waytogo: :bow: :bow: !!

16. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

The thing that gets me is that its not really the federal govt's job to go in and rebuild after a natural disaster. Yes, I know assistance is needed in certain circumstances but this blanket handout is a crock.

I can't wait for the day when some issue like this comes up and we hear a politician have the balls to simply say, "that's not the govt's responsibility".

17. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think a big lesson to be learned from that mess is that you DON'T BUILD YOUR HOUSE BELOW SEA LEVEL BEHIND A BIG ****ING LAKE.

18. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

X eleventy-billion...

19. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

new orleans could be blown off of the face of the planet tomorow and i wouldnt give two $hits