Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Razor Burn

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Dec 27, 2005.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

What do you do to avoid it? Cold water helps, but it's not doing the job 100%.

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I used to get it big time when I was younger, but now it seems to have gone away?

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

good blades...

I'd Use "Edge Gel " shaving cream,for "extra sensetive skin",and don't use those disposeable razors you get 10 for a dollar at the dollar store like I do!...if I use "Bic" shavers,or a "good" one like the Mach 4 when I'm rich enough to buy the blades for it,I have no razor burn problems..lately I've been using the el-cheapos,and my face is on FIRE!..:mad: ..rubbing alcohol stings like hell for a minute or two,but tends to ease the pain... --if I use cheap shaving cream its no bargain either,GEL stuff is way better,and not much more costly..:crazy:

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

wanna prevent razor burn? dont shave. :D

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i shave in a hot shower, helps me allot
    my buddy uses a real expensive shave cream, helps him allot to but it is to expensive for me

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

wet your face and put shaving get on. let it sit for at least one minute. that helps me alot. and don't use cheap razors.

7. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

I have horrible problems with razor burn. The best thing i've found is to take a hot shower, right as I get out of the shower i slather on some moisturizing cream. Real thick, rub as much in as i can, and then leave a bit still on the ol' mug, then i put on some shaving gel, put on my britches, socks and shoes, then come back and shave. It's not perfect but it's the best i can find, my friend swares by "headslick". It's a yellow bottle that they make for shaving your head, you can buy it at most drugstores, didn't work for me, but he likes it and he says his face is pretty sensitive. Lemme know if you come up with something better...my face will thank you! :bow:

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

mach 3 turbo, helps to
    those blades are the best
    buy them on ebay allot cheaper

9. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used to get it pretty bad no matter what. I went to one of those fancy mach 3 vibrating razors (yeah yeah, say what you want) and it works like a charm.

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Apply a steaming hot rag to your face for a good minute before lathering. Keep the razor in hot water while doing the deed. Use a good lotion afterward.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

start shaving with a strate razor :waytogo: works best closest shave hands DOWN.

i use a shaveing soap or ithis cream in a jar from crabtree and evelain, my mother in law gave me, put in on with a badger brush and it is the best shave you can get.

keep your razor sharp, let you shave cream sit and soften your hair.

and if you want to do it with a strate razor prepare to invest a good 10 min in you shave, but it is worth it.

12. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

I get my face wet with hot water,use gillette shaving GEL for sensitive skin and a mach 3 turbo.Razor burn is non existant now.

13. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

i had a problem last year out of nowhere.. i started shaving with conditioner (yeah the stuff for hair) it worked great for me.. try using lotion as well a friend did it and he never stopped

14. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

i get it if i dont use my mach 3, or if its an old blade, they're worth the extra money just for the comfort, i also wet my face before i cream up (that sounds sick) :D

15. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

News from the front:

I am never buying another can of shaving cream. I'm stunned at how well hair conditioner works! Closest shave I've ever had, including when I've used the Edge Gel. And no burn! :woot: