Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RC Tuber Chassis

Discussion in 'General Non-Automotive Classifieds' started by jays68yak, Jan 3, 2007.

1. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I originally built it as a cold. With 9 tooths and lathes it was too slow for me so I decided to rebuild it with maxx axles and a brushless setup. Its been sitting around my room for the past few months. I could use the money for other things.

[​IMG]

You'll get everything in the picture except for the shocks, bed spread, chair, and carpet. Everything should be there to build 2 maxx axles other then custom made housings. I was planning on using jumbo dawgs for tires, but Im including the stockers so that you can use them for mock up. Links on the tuber are included, they are a mixture of alum tube with 8-32 set screws or alum tube with 8-32 all thread. The lowers where bent to clear the tires on the clod axles. Chassis is made mostly of 1/4" brake line that was tack welded with a mig. Now the welds are not the cleanest and could stand to be cleaned up but it worked fine the way it is. Like I said it is tack welded, I only welded the outside as I was excited to get it going the first time around. The chassis is used.

Here is a picture of how it was setup with the clods.
    [​IMG]

Asking $250 Shipped with in the US.

2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

did ya' post it on www.rccrawler.com yet?
    Their new rules make you be a member for 1 month and have 30 posts before you can see the for sale section...but hopefully you already have that.

-Avery

3. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

That was the first place it was posted. I have someone from there coming to look at it over the weekend.

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have been looking into getting a RC crawler. Been eyeballing a TLT since seemed like a good value base. Does it include the clod axles?

5. Avery4jc

I'd assume no since the pic that he said has everything that it comes with has e-maxx axles in it...

6. MNorby

figured I'd double check maybe they were collection dust and might be willing to part with. Avery you seem to know alot about R/Cs. I have been looking at various TLT chassis and such is there anything you would suggest?

7. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

yeah no clods I ended up building another truck with them so this would be chassis number 3. Too many for me to be dumping money into. Tlts are cool, thats the other one I have, but they are on the smaller side. Well compaired to this thing.

8. Avery4jc

Hmmm, I built this tlt with just a carbon fiber version of the stock chassis and I'd agree that tlt's are fun but they are sort of small...even when they are stretched (this one was about 13" WB).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

If I was to build another one I'd go with clod axles and go larger just because you can do more with it...now depending on how scale you want it to look depends on what chassis you'll go with...if you want to go all out just build a stick chassis clod and be done with it. Go browse around on www.rccrawler.com
    You'll see ;)

9. MNorby

10. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

top on ebay now.

11. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

still got this?

12. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

Yeah. :(