Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RC wheelers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirtwarrior17, Mar 29, 2005.

1. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

RC wheelers club

Lets see your pics of your RC 4x4's nitro or electric... I know some people round here got em so heres mine...

http://members.cardomain.com/dirtwarrior17

feel free to vote for my rig/s for showoff of the week in the top right corner... it would be appreciated.

scroll down past motor pics for 2.5 tmaxx.

I was gonna go full on 4x4 with spools and cage out of the box but when i saw how damn fast the 2.5 tmaxx was i got into racing. NOw i'm done with the racing cause nobody shows up with trucks so i made it a full on basher with spools, cage, dual exhaust, aluminum control arms, baja claws, high torque servo, high speed throttle servo, .21 medium block, etc.

LEts see your rigs.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  2. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Wow, I'm very impressed! I used to have a stampede with a hot motor and I thought it was cool! They were good for one thing....AIR!

4. 1HighK5

1HighK5 1/2 ton status

I got alot of them but my favorite is my Clod with an aluminum sassy chassis and home made 4 links and cut clod tires with speed gem motors

5. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i dont have any pics but i got a general silicons storm 1/8th scale buggy,clod buster and a nitro stampede, all of them are apart for winter rebuilds

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

used to have a modded out Blackfoot (the original) with a Clod body on it. a Tamiya Stadium Blitzer that was almost totally customized, Associated Stealth tranny, custom front and rear suspension, custom made chassis braces. a 100% box stock Grasshopper, which i still have. a couple of pan cars (RC10L, RC10LSO, and a BoLink Sport 2000 which i raced in a spec class). last December ('03) i almost bought a Savage SS, but decided i wanted the real thing rather than the RC version, so i started building my truck.

7. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

No pics, but I have a Terra Crusher that I got from a friend a couple years ago. It only had 2 tanks of fuel run through it, he ran one tank and I did the other. He wanted to give it to me but I couldn't do that, so I gave him $25 to clear my conscience.:D

8. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

hell yeah!

thats what im lookin for...

I want to still be able to rip up a track when i need to tho. Me and my bro made a track at our old house for our tmaxxes... had a couple 15 ft doubles and some nice burms. Got our neighbors good and pissed too. Damn i miss that track... we even had a mini rubicon in our sideyard.

Keep em comin :thumb: :saweet: :saweet: :pimp:

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

How tall are those tires?

I'm building a 1/4-scale Blazer and need a 38" Swamper (~ 9.5" scaled)

Any idears???? :dunno:

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

here is my new one

11. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

These things look like a blast. Does anyone know if there is somewhere to get info on building one. I've never delt with rc cars or trucks in much detail and I'm just looking for whats involved in making one. mostly where to get parts and which ones to use.

12. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My narrowed Jumbo Kongs are 8" tall and just over 3" wide. Currently they are the tallest RC tire made. Imex makes a Jumbo Swamp Dawg that are 6.25" tall.

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I have a Traxxas Rustler, technically a protrax rustler...
    I have since added a Monsters of Touring 17 Turn Triple Motor
    Proline Edge front tires
    Proline Gladiator 2 back tires
    RPM Clawz Rims
    RPM Slipper Clutch cover
    RPM Bearing Bearing holders for larger bearings
    RPM wide front bumper
    Duratrax Bearing
    It Came with an XL-1 ESC
    I havent messed with it awholelot since I got my GMC painted, I dont really trust my roommates at college either so I keep it at home. I think my idler gear is striped, I plan to get it functional again this spring, maybe get a Reactor or Super Rooster ESC for it. Ive been out of RC, for awhile, I stopped geting RCCarAction also so i dont even know what Novaks current ESCs are. It blew my mind when I heard about the 2.5 Maxx
    Ill get you guys a pic when I get back to my dorm, Im at class right now.

14. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

If you thought the stock 2.5 was badass you should see it with this medium block .21... no conversion kit required just bolts right in so you don't gain any weight... that thing is so damn fast if i hold it wide open i can't look far enough ahead and keep my eye on the truck. I want to eventually get a truckzilla with a .70 four stroke... 4.5 hp. the 2 stroke .21's make 3 tops.

15. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I wish I never opened this thread! Makes my really want to get back into it with some new stuff! Right now I have a 15 y/o RC-10, 18 y/o Midnight Pumpkin, a 1/8 scale Burns, Clod Buster in various pieces (my nex project, Clodzilla) and a fairly new RS4-MT electric. The RS4 is by far the most fun I have ever had with a RC car. I put a stock motor in it to keep a little runtime and the 4wd really helps the handling when I don't feel like thinking too much! THese new big nitro trucks look like so much fun though. Maybe when I get a job and can afford do do it again I will get one!

16. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Its a badass hobby and they make you pay for it... 20 bucks a gallon for gas not to mention the endless amount of mods they have for these trucks. I have over 1600 easy into my tmaxx... :crazy: :screwy: :thinking: :yikes:

17. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

www.rccrawler.com

they got some sweet info and some sweet RC buggys, its like a whole nother cheap K5 world :)

18. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Bummer......in my 1/4-scale world, that's only a ~ 32" x 12.50" tire.... :crazy:

I hate to have to make tires out of cardboard, but I guess that's what I'm stuck with for the time being. :D

19. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

This is my Rustler, a Cheap 9.6 Volt Walmart Humvee, and a little Tyco Pajero
    [​IMG]

20. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Thanks